Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: 3 weapons for tanks and buildings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Until PD releases an patch wich would allow units to have Tertiary= weapons, you can use a tweak using the Gattling logic to give to a tank or a building ( but not to a Infantry unit ) 3 different weapons ( at least one of them MUST be anti-air ).
For example, you can give the Apocalypse Tank an anti-infantry machine-gun, keep the AA missiles for air attacks and let the tank use it's cannons only against buildings or vehicles.
First, change the Primary= weapon to the one you want it to be "Secondary" ( NOT the one used when force-fire into the ground ); in this case, it's the machine-gun.
Code:
Primary=Para 
Secondary=MammothTusk        ; this remains the same
ElitePrimary=ParaE
EliteSecondary=MammothTusk
Then copy & edit the gattling tags:
Code:
IsGattling=yes
TurretCount=1
WeaponCount=6
Weapon1=Para
EliteWeapon1=ParaE
Weapon2=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon2=MammothTusk
Weapon3=120mmx                       ;in this case, weapon3 will be the "primary" weapon - the one used when you force-fire
EliteWeapon3=120mmxE
Weapon4=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon4=MammothTusk
Weapon5=120mmx
EliteWeapon5=120mmxE
Weapon6=MammothTusk
EliteWeapon6=MammothTusk
WeaponStages=3
Stage1=1
Stage2=9999999   ;; never get to Stage3
Stage3=1
EliteStage1=1
EliteStage2=9999999
EliteStage3=1
RateUp=1
RateDown=1

Then find [ApocAP] and [ApocAPE] ( the warheads for [120mmx] and [120mmxE] ) and change the first 3 values from Verses to 0%:
Code:
Verses=0%,0%,0%,95%,80%,70%,100%,70%,50%,100%,100%
The last step is to change the PrimaryFireFLH= and SecondaryFireFLH= in ArtMD like in Gattling tank's entry - Weapon1FLH=, Weapon2FLH= ,Weapon3FLH= and Weapon4FLH ( and their elite stages ) - weapon 5 & 6 will not be used.

When the Appocalypse will attack an infantry unit, it will use Para ( as the first AG weapon ) but when it gets to stage 2, as the warhead has 0% damage for infantry, it will keep attacking using Weapon1.
Against an vehicle or building, it will fire a single Machine-Gun burst, then will quickly switch to the 120mmX weapon. Sometimes, it will not even use the machinegun, but attack directly with the cannons.

There's a huge value for Stage2 weapon and EliteStage2 - this means that it's unlikely to ever get to that stage ( it would require a few hours ? days ? to continously fire... ).
Here's a screenshot of 3 apocs, each attacking a different target:
[Image: apocs.jpg]
"Bugs"
In this example, the Primary is Para ( deployed GI's machine-gun ); but since this weapon's warhead doesn't have Wall=yes, it means it cannot destroy walls... you won't even get an attack cursor over the walls; but cloning both [Para] and Para's warhead - [SSA], and adding Wall=yes ( and Wood=yes ) to the cloned warhead will solve this.
Another problem is related to Report= ( the sounds created when firing ) - it sometimes gets strange effects.
A quick "fix" is to remove all Report= from weapons and call the sounds from Artmd.ini with Report= tag to Anim= animations - this also may require a clone of the animations.
I never tested, but I'm pretty shure that 4-,5-or even 6-weapon tanks or buildings are possibile; just give them the right warheads - like:
Weapon1 warhead efficient VS infantry, tanks, buildings
Weapon3 warhead efficient VS tanks, buildings, but 0% for first 3 armors ( infantry )
Weapon5 warhead efficient VS buildings only, 0% verses for infantry and tanks
The unit uses Weapon 1 to attack anything. If it's an infantry, it will keep firing. If it's a tank or building, it will switch to Weapon2 and then either keep firing Weapon2 ( anti-tank ) or, if the target is a building, it will finally switch to Weapon3. Of course, in this case, Stage2 and EliteStage2 will have to be 1 in order to get to Stage3.
AA weapons can be similar ( Weapon2 = Weapon4 = Weapon6 ), or you can give the unit different weapons for V3 Rockets, Paratroopers and Aircrafts& jumpjet vehicles.
This is an amazing discovery/hack/tutorial.

Would you be willing to add it to ModEnc, or allow us to do that?
I "discovered" it, but now it's public, it's for all. Of course you can add it to ModEnc or where you wish, so any modder can use this Smile

Edit: "... to ModEnc AND where ...."
Indeed this is a fantastic discovery, i congratulate you.
WOOTage for you! Tongue
Wow! Nice find!
This is true modding; no "easy-way-out" exe hacking stuff required. Funnily enough, I did something like this not too long ago,when messing around trying to edit the Gattling Tank. I was messing with VirtualScanner and all sorts of weird stuff... and for some reason I just didn't think much of it and abandoned it.

+1 rep, BaRaKa_, for *not* abandoning Tongue
Excellent work.
New discovery: this seems to be incompatible with RP 1.08 ! A 3-weapon APOC wich works perfectly in YR normal & RP1.07, in RP 1.08 sometimes gives IEs when elite and firing VS infantry... not allways, just...
interesting...
test again and upload here EXCEPT.TXT Wink
Ok, I'm trying to attach the EXCEPT.TXT...
Error in PD's Bounty code Unhappy
ECX = 00000000h Unhappy
I am not detecting why yet.
Tomorrow I will put more infoSmile