Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: [RA2] AI doesn't use LCRF on water maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been editing the AI files, and telling the AI to use landing craft to carry tanks. It all works fine on A Path Beyond but on a river map the AI won't consider the AITriggerType.

Can anyone offer suggestions?
It might be unable to place a shipyard to get LCRF... Or possibly they are discarding any ground based taskforces on assumption there is no way for them to reach your base?
There's definetly enough room for the shipyard... 3/4 of the map is water. It built about 14 destroyers, 2 aegis and 4 battleships and destroyed my navalyard.

Taskforce: 4 grizzly + 1 landing craft.
DCoder Wrote:Or possibly they are discarding any ground based taskforces on assumption there is no way for them to reach your base?
Well, if said trigger and everything works on one map and doesn't on the other, maybe you should compare the maps?

Maps can include AI information - maybe the second map includes AI data that interferes with your script? e.g. overwrites a handler you use?
I'm testing on Random Maps and one I made esp. for this reason. No AI tweaking in the map file. I fear to say this but I fear Bobbingabout is right.

If I run it at speed 6 with superweapons off, I never even get shot at. (and I do build my base.)

I probably will bite the bullet and give the team stacks of various planes and jumpjet units. Hopefully that will help.