Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: A few more positions to be filled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
just checked ExpandMD06 is 60.4 MB. Iono if it would be good to add that to TX WBR in the .mix section or not. I mean we would have to get permission from Cannis and TX staff, but if its not to big, just through it in there.
The TX is not to be bundled with any mod. This is the law.

Multiple instances of the TX in circulation creates version control problems. Maintaining a single official source for the TX is what we (Blade, DJ, and I) have decided to do.

There's no "hunting" involved for users. If you support the Assault maps, then you link to assault.cannis.net. If your mod requires the TX, then you link to tx.cannis.net.

The TX functions as a game patch, and yes everyone should just get it, no matter what. It fixes several bugs with the standard terrain as well as adding new terrain. At this point in time, someone not having the TX, is just as lame as someone not patching YR to 1.001.
Really? That's not the impression I'm under. Are you saying that I now have to make Whiteboy's Rules REQUIRE the TX? So I have to put on my site next to the mod download "You MUST go to tx.cannis.net and get the TX to use this mod"? That will put off players I think, and get me yet more emails from n00bs who cannot get the mod to work because they ignored downloading the TX.

On the TX site, it's not clear to me what exactly a modder has to do with it. "The Terrain expansion can make a very worth while addition to mods that plan to include new single player or multi-player maps." it says. Then it goes on to talk about how you can have nice train tracks or something. You have to admit, that does not make it seem like an essential patch - like "someone not having the TX, is just as lame as someone not patching YR to 1.001".

So, the TX can make a good addition to mods that plan to include maps. What if I DIDN'T plan to include any? Would I still need the TX as a patch? Anyway, I DO plan to include maps (a decision I made very recently). They will be TX maps I suppose, if that's what people think they should be. I'm just confused about the whole TX thing, despite reading the site. Cannis, are you saying that every YR player should get it anyway, even if they have no TX maps? If so, how will it affact the game? Will it interfere at all? Can TX owners play online with non-TX owners? Thanks for your time.
-TX players can't play with non-TX players IF they wan't to play a TX-map.
-if you don't wan't to include TX-maps (on my opinion, you should Tongue ) you don't need the TX.
-I personally think every player should get, cause it's more fun then
-I don't think TX give problems

mrruben5

Just put on your site that if users want to play the maps included, they must have the TX installed.
And no, if you choose not to include any tx maps, the mod doesn't require the tx.

Playing as a tx player with non tx players on non tx maps won't interfere online.

To get most of the people downloading the TX, put on your site that wbr will run without the tx, but if they download and install the tx, they can play the maps included into wbr.

That's my vision B)

EDIT: here's a topic wich could be helpful.A similar topic with the same questions can be found here.
whiteboy, I can make one if you wan't to
Wow. I understand it all now. Thanks mrruben and truefeel. I'll do exactly what mrruben said... include TX maps (and ONLY TX maps for now) and tell players that if they want to play these maps in the mod then they must get the TX.

And YES truefeel, I'd love you to make a TX map Big Grin Are you good at it? Can you show me any maps you've made in the past?

BTW, I'm not necessarily looking for more than one map... even just one is enough so I can declare it the "official map of Whiteboy's Rules". But several maps would be great Big Grin

One idea I do have that would be good for this mod is a map that is exactly like Bay of Pigs, but with isolated bases. That is, instead of each base having a road that leads to the mainland, each base doesn't. This is because Whiteboy's Rules offers several ways for things to get across water, as well as having several units that can hover/dig underground/fly/chrono. This map could be enhanced a bit - new islands of gems near the borders of teh map, new textures from the TX perhaps, and just overall more exciting things in it... I'll leave this to mappers imaginations.
To avoid user confusion, TX maps use a naming convention of -

(TX) Name of the Map

Since the (TX) is in parentheses, it is ignored for ordering the map names alphabetically. So the above example would appear on the in-game map list under "N".

But since the name begins with (TX), this calls attention to the user that this is a TX map, and he shouldn't expect to be able to play it unless he has the TX installed.
whiteboy, I've a map, wich is featured on the TX site: ho check it out: http://tx.cannis.net/?p=multi
Played it once. Awesome work By TF.
thanks ansatsu :biggrin:
whiteboy, I had a suggestion: what if you make an apart team of mapdevelopers ??
I cnnot make a team unless more people post here and offer... just you will do for now, TF Big Grin

That map is good, but is it a mod map? And can I actually include it in the mod (I will credit you of course). If it's a mod map it may not be compatible with WR. All maps I use must be non-modded (apart from TX features of course) to avoid conflict with Whiteboy's Rules. Same goes for any mod using mod maps I guess.
sorry, you can't use that map, as it's already been published on the TX and raden site. I will makes some maps for and only for WR. I currently making a desert map (with room for naval) with no ini editing.
I will send you the map when it's ready. (it's a rather big map, so it will take some time.)
Thanks mate Big Grin

Anyone else want to make some "Official Whiteboy's Rules" maps?
Pages: 1 2 3 4