Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Yuri like slide after slide and ripples with Dell M1530 nvidia 8600m gt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

i have laptop with spec :
Dell XPS M1530
core2duo 2.5MHZ 6MB cash
Ram 4 GB
H.D 320

i run winxp sp3 32bit

i can play many games very good but with yuri isnot
the normal speed in yuri =5
but when play i can see rippes
when move to right and left you can see map like slide after slide

the good thing tht when i change game speed to 6 its working perfect
but the moving of the Unints is very qucik . but when move mouse to right and left you there is no ripples , no slide after slide

i have tested more things
1- Disable Directdraw acceleration : i can see ripples but you can play becase there is no slow in game

2- modify RA2MD.INI file : under Video tab add line VideoBackBuffer=no
this line result equal with result in first srep
so i can add this line and didnot disable Directdraw acceleration

3- reinstall and tested another copies: same problem exist

4- test with Ares : this patch enabled me to not disable Directdraw acceleration or modify RA2MD.INI , but the ripples still exist
5- test idea of Dcoder ares.ini file: make ares.ini and add lines (i lost like)
but this not solve the issue too , thx for Dcoder

so i need to fix it,

Alaa
What you forgot to mention is that you get this same problem in other games. It's not a problem in YR/Ares as such, and we are not going to fix it.
(23.06.2011, 20:29:34)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]What you forgot to mention is that you get this same problem in other games. It's not a problem in YR/Ares as such, and we are not going to fix it.

i didnot face this problem with any other game
All games working perfect

i just gave example for PES2011
1- its working pefect at my pc
2-if i play at my LCD tv with HDMI cable connector: its play perfect
3- if i play at Analoge TV with S-video cable connector: i can see litle ripples
i tested the idea of graionDilach
i tested crt monitor instead of my laptop lcd monitor , the problem exist
i tested the game with another laptop computer
Dell ispiron N5010
video card : Ati mobility radeon HD 5650

and the same problem !!
VSync, Triple buffering?

If neither helps, it's a fault of the game. You can't expect a 10-year old (most parts are closer being 15 years old rather than 10, I guess) to run flawlessly on a year or two old system.

Also, I CAN'T HELP BECAUSE I DON'T GET YOUR PROBLEM. Slide? OK, what kind of slide? Show it. You have TFT, right? There is a great advantage of TFT monitors.

They can be filmed. If you can't capture the slide you getting with the ordinary screen-capture tools (which to be honest shows that the error doesn't lie within YR, TBH) get a webcam, a a digital camera, or something equal crap (hell, even a two year old mobile phone has enough quality for this titbit) and create a showcase where you clearly show your problem, from where we understand what the hell you want to be fixed.

<capsrage>WE DON'T GET YOUR PROBLEM, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SLIDES YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU'VE NOT ENOUGHLY CLARIFIED YOUR PROBLEM TO GET UNDERSTOOD BY US. WE'RE NOT MIND-READERS, WE'RE NOT YURI AND WE ARE BEING ANNOYED BY THE FACT THAT YOU BUG US WITHOUT ANY HINT WE'RE ASKING FOR TO HELP YOU. IF YOU REALLY WANT THAT HELP, DO A FAVOUR AND SHOW YOUR #&@# SLIDES!</capsrage>
I can only assume he refers to the artifacting which occurs when scrolling, but capsrage to that as well.
I've got a problem similar to the "artifacting" thingamajig. And there seems to be no solution to that either, based on probably twenty hours of research, discussion and experimental surgery.
i tested another OS (Backtrack4) its linux Ubuntu Kernel
i used Wine program to run game on linux

Ref: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.ph...on&iId=167

Result: the same problem
Show it, meh. I still don't have a mind-reader hat or Röntgen eyes to see and know wtf are you talking about.

(04.07.2011, 23:30:05)Graion Dilach Wrote: [ -> ]There is a great advantage of TFT monitors.

They can be filmed. If you can't capture the slide you getting with the ordinary screen-capture tools (which to be honest shows that the error doesn't lie within YR, TBH) get a webcam, a a digital camera, or something equal crap (hell, even a two year old mobile phone has enough quality for this titbit) and create a showcase where you clearly show your problem, from where we understand what the hell you want to be fixed.

<capsrage>WE DON'T GET YOUR PROBLEM, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SLIDES YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU'VE NOT ENOUGHLY CLARIFIED YOUR PROBLEM TO GET UNDERSTOOD BY US. WE'RE NOT MIND-READERS, WE'RE NOT YURI AND WE ARE BEING ANNOYED BY THE FACT THAT YOU BUG US WITHOUT ANY HINT WE'RE ASKING FOR TO HELP YOU. IF YOU REALLY WANT THAT HELP, DO A FAVOUR AND SHOW YOUR #&@# SLIDES!</capsrage>

And yes, until I haven't seen the problem personally, your "report" will be ignored.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed. CPU's don't pay. They cache but don't cash.