Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Superweapon that only gives money.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In RP/NP, we could with Type=Money and AutoFire=yes make a super weapon that automatically give us money.
In Ares there is no Type=Money, but we have other tags. I am trying to create this effect in Ares. Here is the codes I used:

Code Wrote:[MoneySpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Give Money
Name=Donate
IsPowered=true
RechargeTime=.1
SidebarImage=
Type=SonarPulse;We must use some type, or it wont work
Action=None
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no

;With these 3 values on these 3 tags, we have a dummy super weapon
SW.Range=-1
SW.AffectsHouse=none
SonarPulse.Delay=0

Money.Amount=10000
SW.AutoFire=yes

I click on the sidebar cameo, and I get 10000, that works. But AutoFire does not work.
So how do I make a SW that would give me money, without having me clicking in the sidebar cameo?
Type=SonarPulse uses SW.AITargeting=Stealth as default, which might be undesirable in this case, because you only get money if one of the affected houses (which is set to none) has cloaked units Big Grin SW.AITargeting=NoTarget should do the trick.
I could add a UnitDelivery without a cameo and with AutoFire, IIRC.

Try that one.

EDIT: AlexB's idea is better. forget this.
SW.AITargeting=NoTarget made SW.AutoFire=yes Big Grin It now does what I want.
I think this could be in a tutorial.
(25.01.2011, 03:43:12)¥R M0dd€r Wrote: [ -> ][...]
I think this could be in a tutorial.
So flesh it out and post it. Wink
Were should they be posted?
Professor_Tesla suggested that tutorials should be posted on modenc, but I think its better if we have a forum for tutorials(like PPM and Revora), that way we can discuss the tutorial, which often happens.
you can discuss modenc pages on the related talk page... and it's not like this is going to be a massive issue... just something that, when necessary, we can refer new guys to the page if they have this problem.
Here we go
Feel free to correct any mistakes, that's why we have a wiki.
Well, correct me if I am wrong, but SW.Autofire does not work in Ares 0.1 as far as I know.

(01.02.2011, 14:52:37)Deformat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, correct me if I am wrong, but SW.Autofire does not work in Ares 0.1 as far as I know.

The relevant Issue, #199, is currently only implemented in the Superweapons Branch. IIRC, the merge is scheduled to 0.2.