Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:they should've been removed, i think westwood forgot because they used a different method to select mission.
They used anything like this:
Code:
#ifdef _DEBUG
  BOOL bShowCampaign = TRUE;
#else
  BOOL bShowCampaign = FALSE;
#endif
like everybody would understand that Smile

but correct, the campaign list was disabled by a simple flag that was hardcoded to "no", which shall remind us of the compiler directives that CnCVK mentionned above (it would only be "yes" when the game's being debugged... or hacked Wink ).

I guess Westwood was - like most of the time - in a hurry to finish the game and simply forgot to change these, hence that comment...
WW Wrote:;everything below this line should be removed before the game ships. These are temporary campaigns
;to assist us in debugging.

since the list is back and you probably don't want every single mission being listed there, I thought it'd be best if I removed them.
agreed
Some news:
UseNewUpgradeSystem=[bool]
Set it if you want to use NextStage= tag.
NextStage=[TechnoTypeClass]
Unit, Infantry, Aircraft or Building type.
Unit won't be a veteran and health will be reset to full amount Wink
It's funny, how MTNK into APOC after a crate LOLLOLLOL
That is... totally awesome!

* DCoder salutes CnCVK
You know the Artic uniform code, would there be anyway to make something similar for other map styles?

DCoder Wrote:AlternateArcticArt - that already is implemented on infantry, but only in arctic theatre. It works by appending "A" to the art, like seal.shp becomes seala.shp. I'd like to see that expanded onto vehicles.
Had to time travel for that quote!

Desert camo, urban camo, even space suits!!

AlternateArcticArt - that already is implemented on infantry, but only in arctic theatre. It works by appending "A" to the art, like seal.shp becomes seala.shp. I'd like to see that expanded onto vehicles.
1. is this after a crate normally? or after any promotion?
2. can it be allowed for a later stage promotion, such as after veteran or elite, or just after rookie?
omg! My suggest about new veterancy system have been implemented.. that is great, CnCVK.
Smile hope it will be usefull to all moders.

Okej

sorry but i didint understand what CNCVK ment
pd Wrote:the campaign list was disabled by a simple flag that was hardcoded to "no" (it would only be "yes" when the game's being debugged... or hacked Wink ).

since the list is back and you probably don't want every single mission being listed there, I thought it'd be best if I removed them.

Instead of it being controlled by a button ingame, how about its mod controlled? so modders have 3 options. 2 buttons for allied and soviet campaigns, 3 buttons for either adding yuri, or tutoral, and a list, for 4 or more campaigns.
(basicly, i want R:ROTC to go stright to the list, and have no big buttons)

BTW, i just tried the button for the first time, and when i pressed it, the game froze.
Ok, but: (This should be problem just if it works like new unit replaces old one):

What if member of a TaskForce becomes veteran? Is it still part of the TaskForce?
Bobingabout Wrote:BTW, i just tried the button for the first time, and when i pressed it, the game froze.
Same for me - possibly another ME issue?

Kiith-Sa Wrote:What if member of a TaskForce becomes veteran? Is it still part of the TaskForce?
That twice.
Marshall Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:BTW, i just tried the button for the first time, and when i pressed it, the game froze.
Same for me - possibly another ME issue?
windows 98, so, it is possibly windows 9x spacific.
I'll try it on windows XP home on my laptop when i get home.
and ren or D, do something about the XP smiley(change the code to something else), it's annoying that you can't say XP with smilies on.
Quote: is this after a crate normally? or after any promotion?
On any promotion Smile
Quote:can it be allowed for a later stage promotion, such as after veteran or elite, or just after rookie?
You can create many promotions for units as you want LOL
(using non-buildable units)
Example:
Code:
[MYTNK]
Name=My tank (1)
UseNewUpgradeSystem=yes
NextStage=MYTNK1
TechLevel=2
Speed=5

[MYTNK1]
Name=My tank(2)
UseNewUpgradeSystem=yes
NextStage=MYTNK2
TechLevel=-1
Speed=8

[MYTNK2]
Name=My tank(3)
TechLevel=-1
Speed=10
Quote:BTW, i just tried the button for the first time, and when i pressed it, the game froze.
Interesting...
Quote:What if member of a TaskForce becomes veteran? Is it still part of the TaskForce
Not sure Wink
dont realy understand this, when a unit get vetran, does it change codes to an other?