Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Reconnection Error Fixed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stumbled upon this project when looking for solutions to the reconnection error and was directed from here: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.p...e8aabe50f7

In the bug fixes listed there it claims that the reconnection error has been solved. I was wondering if any one could confirm this for me as I only have RA2 and not Yuri's Revenge (I did try to syringe game.exe but I guess that's just not how's it designed to work).
What reconnection error are you talking about? There's only so much info derived from asking about an issue that happens due to games de-syncing online.
There are tons of potential reasons for Recon Errors. To tell more we need to actually look at the error files produced by the game (SYNC*.txt and others).

Domovoi

(06.06.2010, 06:42:56)Modder666 Wrote: [ -> ]What reconnection error are you talking about?
Sorry I was specifically referring to Reconnection Errors caused by DestroyAnims.
If it was put in the features list, it has been fixed. No false promises have been made.
Unless it was marked as fixed without someone actually testing it... which has happened before -_-
Marking as fixed wouldn't be a problem. Closing it without confirmation would be.

But with our vast number of overly active testers, somebody probably tested it...right?
I'm guessing he's on about the issue of DestroyAnims causing reconnection errors... at least, that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head in Ares that involved reconnection errors.
Yeah he was. Check post #4 in this thread Big Grin 2
<hits self on head for idiocy>