Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Malformed Input IE - SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, here is what happened after a few rulesmd changes...
I checked EIP on ModEnc, and got that "malformed input".

This baffles me, because all I did was rules changes to a few units and buildings, and this IE comes before the menu even loads! (comes after the brute loading screen).

Any help would be useful, and I would very much hope that this isn't the fault of NPatch, and that it is just a mistake I made in rulesmd...

Maybe I typed something that blocks the rulesmd being read fully, but I don't know any way to search and will try to get a response before a full INI Sweep (argh that will take forever).

EDIT: Problem solved,
the cause was a typing error of "." instead of ","

Damn, sorry about that, a thread delete would be appreciated.

Dead Dead Dead
Just for completeness: [someobject]RefinerySmokeOffsetThree= is not a valid 3 number sequence.
Why would we delete this?
If anybody searches for this IE, s/he now knows to check for wrong punctuation.

* Renegade adds the EIPs to help search: 007C9B92 007CAF66
(25.02.2009, 07:43:54)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]Just for completeness: [someobject]RefinerySmokeOffsetThree= is not a valid 3 number sequence.

Lol, skillz Tongue
Yeah, that was the tag (trying to get the smoke come out right is very difficult).

(25.02.2009, 18:42:55)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]Why would we delete this?
If anybody searches for this IE, s/he now knows to check for wrong punctuation.

* Renegade adds the EIPs to help search: 007C9B92 007CAF66

I thought it was a stupid error, that good punctuation goes without saying...
I mean, technically there could be different EIP for each tag with a list having the same mistake?
But thanks, now hopefully no one will ever face those 5 minutes of frustration Tongue
Quote:I mean, technically there could be different EIP for each tag with a list having the same mistake?
No no no, the EIP would be the same, or at least one of the two relevant EIPs that I know of. The difference would be in the other data on the stack. I wrote a bit about this at ModEnc.