Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: DCoder DLL is missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I'm trying hard to get the UMP 1.002 to work, however, when I run it from launchpad, it "Activates" the mod then "Deactivates" it, never actually running the game. When I look in the log I get the following error.

Code:
DCoder DLL is missing! Cannot extract "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2\langmd.mix" from "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2\LaunchBase\Mods\ump\Kiln\ra2md.csf"

One of the other threads mentions that because it's a public beta, the dll mentioned above isn't included and you have to "precompile" the "mix" file to get it to work (or something like that). I can't find any information on this, and I was hoping to get at least pointed in the right direction without having to become an expert.
For what it's worth, it looks like it's trying to Launch the game, however, it fails, and then just restores it back to the old version...

Code:
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Mod activated.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Recalculating mod disk usage.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Launching Yuri's Revenge.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Restore process started.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Saving mod/game configuration.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Processing generated save games.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Processing generated screenshots.
2008-12-28 22:36:20  Deactivating mod: YR Unofficial 1.002 Mini-Patch [8.0]
No, DCoder's DLL (not complete) is for making your own mods, not running other ones. However, this error does look peculiar. You'll have to wait for Marshall to get back to you.
There are 3 issues here.
1. DCoder's DLL is being worked on (by DCoder) - this will be used to generate MIX files, CSF files and BAG files (so it is needed to generate some files for a mod you wish to play).
As far as the UMP goes, the only problem is that some strings will be missing.
Once the DLL is finished it will be included in Launch Base.

2. The message from the log you posted clearly has the two file paths swapped - that is a bug in the call to the log file writer which I will fix for the next version.

3. Yuri's Revenge failed to launch, although Launch Base did appear to try launching it. This is the only 'real' problem.
Are you able to run Yuri's Revenge (unmodded) via Launch Base?
Are you able to run Yuri's Revenge outside of Launch Base?

I am unable to Launch any version of Red Alert 2 or Yuris revenge in Launch Base modded or un-modded, I am able to Launch Red Alert 2 or Yuris revenge the normal way out side of launch base, this is also the C&C Last Decade Box set I am using if that has any bearing
yeah, same for me, LB does everything it's supposed to, copies the files and all, makes like it's going to run, then doesn't. just deactivates.
Yep, there was a tiny bug, sorry - version 0.99.227 released.
fine now.

cheers dude!

Thanks works fine now, now off to fix another issue..Yuris revenge is getting error: Cannot locate CD-ROM, Please Insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application, don't think its an issue with your program happens loading any form, so off to EA Support
(04.01.2009, 00:53:26)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks works fine now, now off to fix another issue..Yuris revenge is getting error: Cannot locate CD-ROM, Please Insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application, don't think its an issue with your program happens loading any form, so off to EA Support

you running vista?

it does that on my brothers machine too.

EA don't want to know, they've got your money, they don't give a fuck.

nope its WIN XP SP 3, i can send DxDiag info or the C&C last decade EAsyinfo for system info if you need or want
SP3 contains a lot of the same coding vista does, and has caused no end of problems.

talk to EA but I doubt they'll give a fuck.
(04.01.2009, 02:59:24)MRMIdAS Wrote: [ -> ]SP3 contains a lot of the same coding vista does, and has caused no end of problems.

How exactly does SP3 contain a lot of code from vista? IE7 might do, but the updates in SP3 don't to my knowledge, certainly not in a way that would cause this behaviour.
(04.01.2009, 21:27:52)Blade Wrote: [ -> ]
(04.01.2009, 02:59:24)MRMIdAS Wrote: [ -> ]SP3 contains a lot of the same coding vista does, and has caused no end of problems.

How exactly does SP3 contain a lot of code from vista? IE7 might do, but the updates in SP3 don't to my knowledge, certainly not in a way that would cause this behaviour.

well from what I heard thats the reason SP3 has caused so many compatibility problems, apparently if the coding IS different, it's more to do with a limit on XP.
Wikipedia Wrote:A feature set overview which details new features available separately as standalone updates to Windows XP, as well as backported features from Windows Vista has been posted by Microsoft.
Emphasis added. Wikipedia → Windows XP → Service Pack 3
From what I recall, the features that were backported were to do with network security such as implementing additional encryption algorithms and to enable better integration with a Server 2008/Vista environment. Not what I would call "a lot of code from vista". Backported also doesn't mean copied verbatim either. SP3 may indeed have some compatibility problems with some hardware/software combinations, but I think its a stretch to blame it on vista code as though XP had been made more vista like.
Pages: 1 2