Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Question for Marshall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am the creator of the unofficial TFD 1.03 patch. I was wondering if I could include your mod as a part of my 1.03 patch (optional to the user of course) What I would like to do is have it install the 1.002 (version eight) files, with a modified playlist that has the ra2 and ra2x tracks pre-configured. Please let me know.
The whole point of the YR Playlist Manager is that users can choose whatever tracks they want. The possibility of a YR 1.002 'patch' was discussed a long time ago and ultimately couldn't be agreed.

The current consensus is that the YR 1.002 UMP is a mod, or should be incorporated into other mods, and soundtracks are plugins that can be included if wanted but not compulsory.

Launch Base is what I advocate now, and users of Launch Base would find any such patch useless - Launch Base would automatically remove it. If you are not familiar with Launch Base then I suggest you check it out.

Also, having a separate patch for TFD Yuri's Revenge is a bad idea - any YR project should work for both TFD and original.

These are, of course, just my opinions although I think you'll find they are echoed by others too.

In summary:
I appreciate you asking me first.
I think your patch idea has many problems and is ultimately unworkable.
However, you can still use the UMP resources if you want to - they are free to be used for any project as long as appropriate credit is given.
Thank you for letting me do so. I will give you credit for the 1.002 of course! Also I will notify the user of the problems it will have with the launch manager, and leave the choice up to them to install tfd 1.03 with or without YR 1.002