Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Magnetron Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[/u]Now some of you may have seen the infamous "Magnetron pulling while moving around" that can only be done by the AI. It occasionally spawns Internal Errors as well - it has happened to me once because the MagBeam was streched about 25 cells long.

Anyway, it's Westwood's fault:

; Magnetron
[TELE]
UIName=Name:Magnetron
Name=Magnetron
;Image=V3
Size=6
OpportunityFire=yes
ElitePrimary=MagneticBeamE
Bunkerable=no; Units default to yes, others default to no
CanPassiveAquire=no ; Won't try to pick up own targets ;GEF don't want him accidently attacking your own guys

If this is already known, then forgive me for this post. While this flag has no effect on humans playing the game because they cannot "walk and pull" at the same time, the AI can, and causes bugginess... sometimes the range of the MagBeam goes up to 20+ cells. A good idea would be to comment it out. (The section of rulesmd.ini copied exactly as it was from MooMan's virgin .ini)
Thanks for the report, however this is already included in the UMP.
Check out the UMP Developer's Pack to see some other 'fixes' that you may not be aware of.
1 of my units does this dragging on purpose, i got around the errors by making the unit rather slow, and having a shorter range on the beam.

Where can I find this "UMP Developers Pack"?

It's not on ModEnc is it?
(02.10.2008, 23:57:35)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find this "UMP Developers Pack"?

It's not on ModEnc is it?

You can get it through launch base.