Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: new bridge pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you look at the pic you will see 2 bridge heads, I want the bridge to cross over the water at that height, because you can see a small piece of the road in the left corner. When I try to make the bridge over the water it does not work. Any help??
Not doable. The game really, really wants the bridges to be 4 layers high, no exceptions.
thanks for the feedback, guess that means I have to be content with my current tileset project. Maybe you can tell me about the terrain type number some have 11,12 or whatever......is it important to match the number to the original piece?
Depends what your terrain is, those numbers represent the type of terrain (concrete, clear, rough, ice, water and so on) a given cell contains. If movement over a cell is supposed to be the same as the original you based it off, keep the type the same.

For reference I wrote a little guide 6 years ago amazingly, the body of which follows. This info might be useful in modenc if it isn't already there and it would be nice if someone (DCoder perhaps) would wade through the executable and work out the bits that aren't known.

Guide: Terrain Types Documentation for TS and RA2
Author: Blade
Other Info: CannisRabidus, DeeZire, DJBREIT
E-mail: blade@mysanctuary.demon.co.uk
Last Updated: 27/09/2009

The following is a quick reference guide to the types of terrain available in the game (RA2 or TS) as referenced in rules.ini movement controls section that associates 'Terrain Types' with 'Speed Types'. The terrain type number is the number in 'XCC TMP editor' that sets the type of terrain a cell contains in a tile. Tiberium and Weeds (veins) do have an entry in rules.ini that controls unit movement over them, but they do not have any tiles containing their type and so it is more difficult to assign them to one of the unknown type numbers.
The 'Speed Types' are given a percentage of normal speed that a unit will move when passing over a given terrain type in rules.ini they are assigned to units either by the locomoter default behaviour or by the explict control of the SpeedType= flag. Not all Speed Types are available in both games however. Chronoing a unit (RA2) to a terrain type that its Speed Type is not allowed on will destroy it. Units with the float locomoter do not seem able to cross onto other types of tile even when they are allowed by the Float Speed Type.
Some terrain types are special cases that relate to other types of logic in the game. Tiberium relates to the collection of funds by harvesters and in TS Weeds coresponded to collection ammo for the chemical missile. They are not present on any tiles but it is assumed they are actually one of the unknown numbers. Tunnel defines the cell in tunnel tiles that act as the portal where the [Tubes] path control in the map file should start and end. Wall doesn't seem to be used on any tiles that are actually used in the game, but Type 7 is present on some of the building tiles in TS and is assumed to be the wall type (it may well not be though, but could instead by another pointer to Rock). Type 11 is the paved road number while type 12 is the dirt road number but it is again assumed that both point to the Road terrain type.
As an aside, in RA2/YR Ice, Tunnel, Railroad and Weeds terrain types are never used under normal circumstances. Tunnel and Railroad can be made to work perfectly as they did in TS and the TerrainExpansion goes a long way toward achieving this. Ice growth logic cannot be made to work in RA2/YR but the terrain type can be used to create more strategic variation on unit movments as could Weeds though first its type number would need to be elucidated.

Ice 1
<unknown> 2
<unknown> 3
<unknown> 4
Tunnel 5
Railroad 6
Wall (assumed) 7
<unknown> 8
Water 9
Beach (Shore) 10
Road (Paved) 11
Road (Dirt Road) 12
Clear (Grass) 13
Rough (Sandy) 14
Rock (Impassable) 15
Tiberium <unknown>
Weeds <unknown>

Foot - Infantry (Walk Locomoter)
Track - Unused (Tracked=yes?)
Wheel - Vehicles (Drive Locomoter)
Hover - Hover Craft (Hover Locomoter)
Float - Boats <RA2> (Float locomoter)
FloatBeach - Unused <RA2>
Amphibious - Amphibious Units (not hover)
Creep - Reaper <TS:FS/last patch>
(27.09.2008, 16:49:26)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]Not doable. The game really, really wants the bridges to be 4 layers high, no exceptions.
Arn't cliffs and bridgeheads and stuff 3 layers high, not 4?
No. 4.