Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Is this possible? (deploy weapon effect)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've come across a mod which uses a unit called a "gravitron" (or summat like that) to flip tanks over, now, this is a standard, one-shot weapon.

I was wondering if it could be converted to a deploy weapon (like a psi-wave) and if so, how that coding would look, as I cannot get it to work at all.

I am aware is uses high damage (1000) and the "Rocking" logic to do this, I can get the unit to work, deploy, and execute the firing animation, but nothing takes damage, and nothing flips over.

Any ideas?
I think these two flags should make it work..

DirectRocker=yes ; put this in the warhead, it should make it flip over completely..

IsTilter=yes ; put this on the vehicles you want to be prone to flipping over.. (this doesn't work on SHPs, keep that in mind.. It sets whether certain vehicle can be flipped over (and a few other stuff)

Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong.. (I haven't modded in quite some time)
(30.08.2008, 09:23:01)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]I think these two flags should make it work..

DirectRocker=yes ; put this in the warhead, it should make it flip over completely..

IsTilter=yes ; put this on the vehicles you want to be prone to flipping over.. (this doesn't work on SHPs, keep that in mind.. It sets whether certain vehicle can be flipped over (and a few other stuff)

Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong.. (I haven't modded in quite some time)

Got both those tags and nothing, it doesn't even do damage which is wierd, as I just C+P'd the yuri clone psi wave, put 1000 damage, DirectRocker and gave it a new warhead.
DirectRocker is an ugly hack, it only damages the explicit target, not the whole area. And without Pushy=yes, you'll be frozen until the target rolls over, which is truly ugly.
I just tested it..
First, i tested to see if it works as it is.. I added Pushy=yes to Brute infantry entry and added the DirectRocker tag to Brute's attack against tanks.. without removing Rocker tag.. the test was a success, when he smashes tanks, he hits them a few times, each time, rocking them a bit more, and finally, flipping them over (also destroying them)

Second, I tested to see if this works on Areafire weapons.. This time, I added Pushy=yes to the IFV [FV] entry, and changed its Yuri Clone weapon (CRMindBlast).. I duplicated its warhead and changed the verses to make it do damage to Tanks Armor.. Then, I added Rocker, and DirectRocker to the warhead, and Voila.. there you have it.. it was a partial success.. It flips tanks over SOMETIMES.. It flips tanks over sometimes.. (in my case, it flipped over the first Tank Destroyer.. Didn flip the second Tank Destroyer on the first attempt, but did so in the second attempt..) quite funny really, and pretty realistic.. like, coming back the second time with much more force to do what it couldn do the first time....

EDIT: I didn change any of the damage values (they're default), and it doesn't flip in one shot/blow/wave.. it does so step by step.. i think that has to do with the damage (in my case, the damage was basically 200, )
Yes, the amount of rocking is proportional to the raw Damage= dished out by the weapon. http://www.cannis.net/tutorials/ra2yr_rocker1/
That tutorial makes too much sense... so, the flipping out in my case was not due to the DirectRocker.. (I had a high Rate of Fire).. Thanks D..
(30.08.2008, 19:19:23)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]DirectRocker is an ugly hack, it only damages the explicit target, not the whole area.

No deploy weapon for me then.....

unless...........

*feature request*