Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: I GOT A IE...oh...maybe....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just choose a enemy house called Korea. I don't know what I destroyed but the game kick me out mercilessly in a skirmish.It 's rarely happen in other enemy houses.Though there is no IE window jump out,I checked except.txt.I CAN'T SOLVE IT. Please help me.........

BTW,forgive my poor ENGLISH........Wink
That's an annoying one... I've seen that particular IE several times recently, all in different EIPs but part of the same infinite loop. I have so far been unable to track down its cause, but I can tell you that it's caused by some engine-issued "radio" commands which communicate between units and dock structures. Apparently Westwood's code doesn't handle every possible communication correctly, which leads to infinite loops in some cases. I believe the offending unit is an aircraft which was present on the map at the time it all went wrong. Can you provide the rules code for the [AircraftTypes] you have in the game?
DCoder Wrote:That's an annoying one... I've seen that particular IE several times recently, all in different EIPs but part of the same infinite loop. I have so far been unable to track down its cause, but I can tell you that it's caused by some engine-issued "radio" commands which communicate between units and dock structures. Apparently Westwood's code doesn't handle every possible communication correctly, which leads to infinite loops in some cases. I believe the offending unit is an aircraft which was present on the map at the time it all went wrong. Can you provide the rules code for the [AircraftTypes] you have in the game?

Oh...thank you very much..........
My rules? oh...yes...of course...
Although here is no art.ini and AI.ini....trust me... I solved other problems......LET'S just focus on this IE.......thanks a lot...Wink
Hmm, please show me artmd as well.
DCoder Wrote:Hmm, please show me artmd as well.

yeah........I know........Lift eyebrow
TO DCoder:
All right..whatever........have fun...........
Your rules is so filled with weird units it's hard to say definitively. I can't say for sure yet, but try to reproduce it and see if there's a specific action that triggers it. If so, start removing things one by one until you don't get the IE anymore, then I'll be able to tell you more. Start with the AircraftTypes.
OH...all of my units in rules come from original YR 1.001.....
You can play the game normally even though you put these ini files above into your RA2 folder directly.....
Just choose a enemy and test it.......Wink
I had try it 17 times ,still unknow what the hell can cause itWink,It is testing..you know.....Unhappy (headshaking)
But..yeah...looks like something wrong with AIR DOCKS....
Thanks for your hints.....LOLI wish someone had maken it come out definitely.........