Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: except error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is my except file. any clues? how do i read this thing?
First read this thread and follow the guidelines.
http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...hp?tid=984

If you still can't figure out your IE, then hopefully someone will be able to investigate your except.txt

Based on the EIP value in the except, it looks like it's probably going to be weapon or warhead related.
Thanks Marshall..... I knew this was out there, but I forgot where it was. The except checker said it couldn't find out why. This is the error code in the first part of the except message:

Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:0000009C was read from.
Exception occurred at 006F1FC6.
You need to follow the above guidelines. You don't need to keep posting stuff from your except because you've already posted it in whole.

The except checker does not yet cover every known reason.

The EIP isn't on the except page but it is close to other weapon related IEs.

Read the entire ModEnc IE page. Check every known reason and try every suggestion. Once you have done that, post here and maybe someone who understands excepts will be able to look into it - but you have to do your own investigation first.
It's actually caused by an error in your AI code, some TeamType doesn't have a TaskForce.
Thanks DCoder, I figured as much when I pasted a previous ai file over the newly modified. I'll have to make sure I edit it out & use your editor to double check it.