Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Re: Not giving information on Mod Enc?
I am giving up on Mod Enc. When I made improvements to the Pro:Gen article, DCoder had me banned a couple of days! What's up with that? I wasn't spamming the article, I was simply telling the whole truth about the mod. Spamming in my view is talking about Contra or Shockwave in the Pro:Gen article (in other words, giving irrelevent information).
So, you don't want me to contribute to the encyclopedia, even though I was encouraged to do so.Wtf (disbelieving) I need to know exactly what I did wrong to deserve temporary banning.Confused
You were adding a total of eight revisions in close succession to the page in question.
As clearly defined in the policy:
The Policy Wrote:A maximum of three revisions in close succession by the same user will be allowed. A fourth and fifth might be tolerated if they include valuable information. If they don't, or if you move on to a sixth revision, you will be subject to a three day ban for revision spam. [...]
DCoder behaved exactly according to policy. In fact, he was even nicer than the policy by fucking going to your userpage and warning you about the policy.
We know new messages are pointed out to you at the top of the page. You must have seen it. As such you were either aware of the policy, or you willfully ignored warnings. Either way, fact is, the policy says 6 edits in close succession definitely get a temporary ban for revision spam, you had 8 and got a temporary ban for revision spam. Nothing out of the ordinary there, nothing personal, and nothing that couldn't have been prevented if you listened to other people for once.

We have no problem with you editing ModEnc, as long as you stay within the rules.
Vinifera has told you.
DCoder has told you.
And now I'm telling you: Use the fucking preview button in the future.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
You're right. I am so stupid for giving too many revisions.Bang head against wall
It won't happen again. I will make sure the first revision is the only revision I make by taking note of all the features of a mod before I do any revisions.Unhappy

I need to know what you mean by "close succession". Does that mean on the same day? Within a minute of each other? What time interval? Close succession is too vague an expression to be "common sense." Close could be anything from one second to several minutes. I didn't realize that verbal abuse was common for Renegade Projects members.
Must the policy explain the meaning of "close succession"? It's common sense.

If you're making multiple revisions within minutes of each other, where the only changes are punctuations and other things that could have easily been corrected by taking a few minutes to edit your work before pressing the "Save Page" button, then that certainly violates the revision spam policy. Wouldn't you agree?

On the other hand, if you are actually making revisions that consist of genuine content, it wouldn't actually be possible to do multiple revisions within minutes of each other.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
BlueGalactic Wrote:You're right. I am so stupid for giving too many revisions.Bang head against wall
It won't happen again. I will make sure the first revision is the only revision I make by taking note of all the features of a mod before I do any revisions.Unhappy
The problem is not that you are revising your content a lot; the problem is that you are saving each of those revisions. The preview button shows you exactly how the page would look like if you saved it now, so there is really no justification for saving the page and then proofreading or revising it. The only exception are templates.

BlueGalactic Wrote:I need to know what you mean by "close succession". Does that mean on the same day? Within a minute of each other? What time interval? Close succession is too vague an expression to be "common sense." Close could be anything from one second to several minutes.
What Vinifera said.

BlueGalactic Wrote:I didn't realize that verbal abuse was common for Renegade Projects members.
I do not see any verbal abuse. Besides, even if you could provide an example of such abuse, I'm not a member. I'm an administrator.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:
BlueGalactic Wrote:You're right. I am so stupid for giving too many revisions.Bang head against wall
The problem is not that you are revising your content a lot; the problem is that you are saving each of those revisions. The preview button shows you exactly how the page would look like if you saved it now, so there is really no justification for saving the page and then proofreading or revising it. The only exception are templates.

BlueGalactic Wrote:I need to know what you mean by "close succession". Does that mean on the same day? Within a minute of each other? What time interval? Close succession is too vague an expression to be "common sense." Close could be anything from one second to several minutes.
What Vinifera said.

BlueGalactic Wrote:I didn't realize that verbal abuse was common for Renegade Projects members.
I do not see any verbal abuse. Besides, even if you could provide an example of such abuse, I'm not a member. I'm an administrator.

I have been saving too many times. Since my internet connection sometimes stops working, I don't want to lose the current data I worked so hard to write. Saving constantly was an insurance act of mine so that my work was safe from being destroyed, but it is now a habit that is difficult to break. I will write down my changes in a file somewhere and update only my file when I get new ideas (which I do sometimes).

It was never my intention to anger or offend anyone in the forums. I am very sorry if I did.Unhappy I have been living in hard times with the economic hardships in America, so I am not being my true self (my intelligence self).

I wanted to mention the special Director's Cut features, like the three special campaign missions and EVA voices, but I might get in trouble again if I do.Unhappy
Quote:I wanted to mention the special Director's Cut features, like the three special campaign missions and EVA voices, but I might get in trouble again if I do.
Then simply write your text into a text file and copy&paste it afterwards…
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Renegade Wrote:You were adding a total of eight revisions in close succession to the page in question.
As clearly defined in the policy:
The Policy Wrote:A maximum of three revisions in close succession by the same user will be allowed. A fourth and fifth might be tolerated if they include valuable information. If they don't, or if you move on to a sixth revision, you will be subject to a three day ban for revision spam. [...]
DCoder behaved exactly according to policy. In fact, he was even nicer than the policy by fucking going to your userpage and warning you about the policy.
We know new messages are pointed out to you at the top of the page. You must have seen it. As such you were either aware of the policy, or you willfully ignored warnings. Either way, fact is, the policy says 6 edits in close succession definitely get a temporary ban for revision spam, you had 8 and got a temporary ban for revision spam. Nothing out of the ordinary there, nothing personal, and nothing that couldn't have been prevented if you listened to other people for once.

We have no problem with you editing ModEnc, as long as you stay within the rules.
Vinifera has told you.
DCoder has told you.
And now I'm telling you: Use the fucking preview button in the future.

I am using the Preview button like you instructed. I clicked on Preview three times while altering the Boss Generals mod article and then hit Save Page (ONCE!). I need to be alert when I do things like this again. (none of this Sleeping 2)

I completely misunderstood everything and selfishly chose to ignore the rules for writing information. I apologize for my carelessness.Unhappy
Really that you don't wish to accord to the encyclopedia, even admitting was encouraged to do so?