Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning German...slowly...
Wer hier spricht Deutsch? I'm learning German...but very slowly, because I only do it once a week on Mittwoch abend (sorry if that's incorrect), and I didn't start until sometime last month. I think I have the pronunciation down (though I have problems with ch's and r's sometimes if one comes straight after the other, as in sprechen), and I know the conjugation of some verbs, and what to say in a Café, but my German vocabulary is still very limited.
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
Abend Wink
Ich spreche auch Deutsch weil ich Deutscher bin, pd und Renegade kommen auch aus Deutschland.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Danke für..um..telling me that. I forgot that all nouns in German are supposed to be capitalized, not just proper nouns. Ich komme aus Neuseeland und spreche nur Englisch (fluently) so although German is very similar to English in some ways, it can still be confusing for me, especially as regards the order of words in a sentence. I also don't know any of the conjugations for past tense verbs, only the present tenses.
Note: I found it kind of funny that "Der Hund beißt den Mann" and "Den Mann beißt der Hund" mean the same thing in German, while in English putting words in the latter order would not make sense.
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
"Den Mann beißt der Hund" is valid but not really common. Also the most difficult thing in German is the conjugation of verbs as well as the -sometimes- complicated word order.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Ich lernte Deutsch bei "Schoolcraft community college" für seit zwei Semesters, aber ich kann nicht besonders gut sprechen.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]