Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixes
Similarly to 3 years ago, there were a few starting problems when I publicly presented a big bunch of my work the first time.
That, I guess, is natural, but I feel sorry for that anyway.

Thanks to the assist of people testing things, I have been able to trace down the sources of all known problems and compiled a fix package.
Thanks to everyone helping me by trying this!

VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package
The reason for why nothing happened for most people was that I didn't know the VisualC++ 2008 Redistributable Package from Microsoft is required to load my DLLs.
You will need to install it in order to get things working (don't worry, they're just about 2MB).

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Those on a x64 system should use this link.

Fix Package
I also traced down other bugs in Syringe, the gamemd.syr file and the ExceptChecker2.
This new package should also work with any past, present or future RockPatch / NPatch.

Download Fix Package (73.6 KB)

Please read Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release! for details.

How To
Here's a quick summarized step-by-step guide to get things running:
  1. If you have the previously released testing package, delete Syringe.exe, gamemd.syr, ExceptChecker2.00.dll and the inj.
  2. Download the package linked to above.
  3. Extract the archive in your Yuri's Revenge folder.
  4. Associate SYR files to Syringe and run gamemd.syr.

If you want to run the game with command line arguments (e.g. "-win"), you'll have to create a BAT file with the following content:
Code:
Syringe "gamemd.syr" -win
[Image: jsfml.png]
Nice! But I have some problems with this(using NPatch).

I have associate SYR files with Syringe, I ran gamemd.syr. The screen turned black for 1 sec and then normal again. Then I ran YURI.exe and, tested a IE but it was still the same.
Forgot, I have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Guest Wrote:Nice! But I have some problems with this(using NPatch).

I have associate SYR files with Syringe, I ran gamemd.syr. The screen turned black for 1 sec and then normal again. Then I ran YURI.exe and, tested a IE but it was still the same.

lol, why do people try running ra2md.exe or YURI.exe, that won't work, I didn't modify them. >.<

Not sure what the problem is there, can you send me your syringe.log please?
Sure

Attached Files
.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">syringe_log.txt (Size: 1.62 KB / Downloads: 443)
That's an error in the game code, most likely caused by NPatch and not by my stuff.

Also, attach it as a file next time. Wink
pd Wrote:That's an error in the game code, most likely caused by NPatch and not by my stuff.
thats bad news Unhappy
Can you fix this please? Its so many peope who use modifed gamemde(rp/np) so it would help alot of people

Quote:Also, attach it as a file next time
sorry
To be honest, I'm actually surprised pd spends any time at all working on backwards compatibility. This system has the ability to do far more than RP1/NP ever could, easier and faster, and you still cling onto the old ways.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I can't download the package from the microsoft homepage. Both (x86 & x64) downloads dont work

Im still getting that:

C:\Westwood\RA2\gamemd.syr

The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.
Well sure, if you don't install the VC++ runtimes it won't work.
The download links are OK though. :S
DCoder Wrote:I'm actually surprised pd spends any time at all working on backwards compatibility
I was thinking the exact same thing pd. Now, whenever NPatch barfs up a lung whilst Syringe is being used, they'll all come crying to you! You should at least have a clause that says "when using Syringe with a patched gamemd, I won't support, or even look at, any errors"
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Yeah I was planning to add notes of that kind.
Well, the ExceptChecker actually will run fine with NPatch (it won't generate IEs, only react to them).

But as soon as it comes to logic modding, NPatch compability is not assured at all and I won't bother fixing people's problems with NPatch.
great job PD. I just ran a test and it seemed to work at least in the menus(have not tried ingame yet) after exiting I checked the syringe.log and it turned out there was a couple dozen access violations errors. I installed the VC++ runtimes above for the x86 and have 1.5 gig ram on Windows XP Pro SP3

here is the log file

Attached Files
.log   Less than 1 minute ago">syringe.log (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 435)
[Image: rotate.jpg]
Well, YR doesn't often end "normally".
WW did a poor job when it came to freeing allocated memory and stuff like that.
I can't resolve the above access violations, similarly to some except.txts I cannot resolve.
ok no big deal just wanted to know whether or not to be worried.

EDIT: did a test last night and in its current state the injection system is online compatible with yr 1.01
[Image: rotate.jpg]