Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request to add something to ModEnc
I would like to ask if I could add a tutorial to ModEnc for making a self mutating infantry, and also how I would do it. The code for it was given me by someone named rc22fires on the CnC Den Forums.
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
Not really neccessary - there's already a tutorial on the mutation logic which mentions at least the basics of most uses.
See MakeInfantry
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Quote:self mutating infantry
I feel there's more behind this tutorial than in the article you linked Marshall. Just add it Tesla, so we can discuss it.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
By all means go ahead, I just can't imagine that it's anything more than 'infantry deploys to fire 0.1 cellspread weapon that kills itself in order to mutate' - doesn't really need a whole tutorial to say that. I'd suggest adding the relevant details to the existing MakeInfantry tutorial.
--Lysdexia

Quote:I'd suggest adding the relevant details to the existing MakeInfantry tutorial.
Good idea.
Marshall Wrote:By all means go ahead, I just can't imagine that it's anything more than 'infantry deploys to fire 0.1 cellspread weapon that kills itself in order to mutate' - doesn't really need a whole tutorial to say that. I'd suggest adding the relevant details to the existing MakeInfantry tutorial.
Actually, the code involves the infantry deploying and the deploy weapon creates an invisible gas particle which instantly kills the infantry, and the killing warhead has InfDeath=9. Since the particle was created by the weapon the infantry unit fired, it is "owned" by the side which owned the infantry, and so the new brute is also owned by that side. I tried a suicide weapon at first (before I was given the gas particle code) with InfDeath=9, but that just caused the infantry to die normally.
EDIT: I have created the page.
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

Suicide weapon invokes DeathWeapon without actually firing the suicide weapon so that is expected.

0.1 cellspread should work without having to go to the trouble of using a particle. Would have to set AffectsAllies=yes too.
--Lysdexia

Quote:# (diff) (hist) . . ! Making a Self-Mutating Infantry‎; 19:16 . . Professor Tesla (Talk | contribs)
# (diff) (hist) . . ! Making a Self-Mutating Infantry‎; 19:14 . . Professor Tesla (Talk | contribs) (→The Self-Mutation Weapon:: )
# (diff) (hist) . . ! Making a Self-Mutating Infantry‎; 19:12 . . Professor Tesla (Talk | contribs) (→The Infantry code:: )
# (diff) (hist) . . ! Making a Self-Mutating Infantry‎; 19:11 . . Professor Tesla (Talk | contribs) (→The Infantry code:: )
# (diff) (hist) . . ! Making a Self-Mutating Infantry‎; 19:11 . . Professor Tesla (Talk | contribs) (→The Infantry code:: )

Revision spam much?
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
It took me a while to figure out how to put the code in grey boxes.
EDIT:
Marshall Wrote:0.1 cellspread should work without having to go to the trouble of using a particle. Would have to set AffectsAllies=yes too.
I tried that, and it didn't work.
- Nikola Tesla

Professor_Tesla Wrote:It took me a while to figure out how to put the code in grey boxes.

Plz use the "Preview" button for this!
It does work using just cellspread, but indeed you have to set CellSpread=1. I think CellSpread < 1 just reverts to zero.
And you have to set DamageSelf=yes on the unit.

Obviously with such a large cellspread you could easily kill other units, so you would have to use a unique armor type or an immunity.

However, you also need a unique armor type/immunity with the particle method because you could deploy the unit when there are other units occupying the same point.

By the way, I don't think CellSpread works on particles.
--Lysdexia