Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status report
Possibly, some people desperately load this site and wait for some kind of a status update, to no avail.
Of course, not everyone looks into the forums (although I recommend to do that!).

So let me make an "official" status report for everyone.
I'm still working on the base of this DLL project - replicating the original game's classes and making its functionality available for C++.

That alone is a huge bunch of work. IIRC, I have about 80 C++ files now, each at about 2KB. Now imagine that amount of source code. Tongue
Bad news: it's not even close to being done. Wink
The good news is however, that I don't need it actually done to start working on "RockPatch2", which will probably be split in two parts with different names.
That's why I will begin to work on it parallely to the base, YR++.

So what can you do with YR++?
Well, if you know C++ (and I really mean if you do know it... hello world skills are far from enough), you can do a bunch of things already.
Add superweapon types, add hotkey commands, ah, you name it.
The functionality grows and grows, the result will be something similar to the DirectX SDK.

So when will there be "RockPatch2"?
Sorry, no ETA. Tongue
At the moment, I'm having technical difficulties, the mainboard of my desktop is broken and I don't really plan on getting a new one too soon.
I ordered an external HDD case though which will allow me to continue from my laptop.
I've been out of work for 2 weeks now, a time in which I could have done a lot actually. The "early 2008 release" is in danger, but still a doable thing (my definition of "early" includes the whole April).

About the RP2 features, all the things that have been done in assembly (see the striked-through items here will be ported to C++. After that, I'm going to continue with a huge bunch of new possibilities.
[Image: jsfml.png]
"pd Wrote:I ordered an external HDD case though which will allow me to continue from my laptop.
You should also create a backup system for your work (eg. a program that uploads all the files to a server) so in case your Hard Drive is broken, I don't have to kill you. Wink

No, really.

Go on pd, I'm waiting for the interesting result.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
gordon-creAtive Wrote:so in case your Hard Drive is broken, I don't have to kill you. Wink

ROFLs. a lot of people will have that opinion you know.
We do have a subversion server that could be used for backups...
It would also allow you to keep source code versions on several machines synchronized.
(Repository can be password-protected for both read and write operations.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I got me an SVN plugin for VS ages ago.
All I have to do is get the HDD case (should arrive today, maybe I slept too long, gotta check my mail), hope that the HDD works (~99.5% probability, the PCI-Express slot is the thing that's broken, probably short circuit, the GPU is alive though, so why should the HDD be dead?), install VS on my laptop and do it, hehe.

About the SVN, I never used it, I guess I need access data etc, but I will ask for further instructions via PM, Ren. Smile
[Image: jsfml.png]
Cheers for your excellen work, Pd.
I'm really impressed of what you've already done according to the 57% completion on the tracker.

Keep up the good work!

Jean