Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random factoids about YR
Thanks for the awesome info! From my testing it also seems that the Napalm powerup is hardcoded to use the first animation listed in [Animations].
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
Small random fact I just investigated, thanks to Marshall for bringing it to my attention and Carnotaurus for testing: an IFV cannot have a sane Mind Control mode - if you assign Weapon1 a weapon that can do Mind Control, it will be able to MC properly whenever the current weapon mode allows it to, but the link will not be cleared upon passenger exit, and other weapons will work fine without breaking the link. Assigning a non-MC weapon to Weapon1 will result in IEs whenever another mode attempts to use an MC weapon. Just a note if someone feels like formalizing it on ModEnc.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
"Action 45 - Ion Storm Stop: Doesn't defer functionality to Lighting Storm, seemingly just clears some internal flag, possibly one that tracks whether an Ion Storm is active."

You know when one Lightning Storm is active, the player is unable to activate another? Perhaps this can somehow allow 2 simultaneous Weather Storms to be fired at once. Might be worth looking into. I know this is an old thread, but I've only just seen it. (Sorry for the bump).

As I understand, the fact that only one Weather Storm can be active at one time is hard-coded?
The fact that only one Weather Storm can be active is hard coded, yes, due to the fact that WW used global variables (at C++ level) for this.

(31.01.2008, 22:52:13)DCoder Wrote:
  • AI:
    • Script Actions:
      • Load Into Transport:
        • tries to shove all units into the first unit of this taskforce, gives up as soon as that fails.

Shouldn't that be unit at "1="?

the first unit in the taskforce is at "0=" which by my testing, never works......
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Subtle hint: It would be nice if someone made sure ModEnc contains all these tidbits of data.

There, that should be the good majority of the non-map stuff in now.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Thank you!

Well just some information add in regards to FA2 - Action 16 Reveal All Map causes a recon error online
(26.08.2008, 02:07:26)MRMIdAS Wrote:
(31.01.2008, 22:52:13)DCoder Wrote:
  • AI:
    • Script Actions:
      • Load Into Transport:
        • tries to shove all units into the first unit of this taskforce, gives up as soon as that fails.

Shouldn't that be unit at "1="?

the first unit in the taskforce is at "0=" which by my testing, never works......

can anyone get the same results as me?

I'm pretty sure this works as I described, as WW's taskforces use it, but I'd like confirmation from someone else.

thanks.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
NoAutoFire = , AutoCrush =, anyone else know what this is?

"DemandLoad = if set, the SHP will not be cached on map load, but loaded from disk when needed.", so if it set to yes, does it game goes smoother?
DemandLoad is not read from the INI at all, it's internally set to zero at startup and never changed.

interesting