Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server upgrades/hiccups/don't panic
Some of you may have experienced some problems connecting to the server within the past few hours - I assure you these are not "problems" per se - quite the opposite. Today I finally upgraded the server backend and PHP to the latest available versions, which made some reinstallations and reboots necessary.

The reason I've not warned you about this beforehand is simple: It'd have been useless. Both shutting down Apache and removing PHP automatically and inevitably disables forum access - so how would you have read a post on the forums saying that everything is fine?

The forums seem to work currently, but I'm not sure if D entirely fixed them before he went to bed. The Bugtracker is currently out of Order, but on the plus side, ModEnc finally uses a current MediaWiki installation. So if there was any post-1.6.x feature you were missing, it should be available now.

It'll probably take another one or two days to sort everything out, as we literally re-installed half the services on the server, and have to go through several configurations, but I assure you nothing of this was accidental, and the server is not failing.

If you experience any problems other than the Bughouse being down, please report them one way or another, so we can fix them.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
The bugtracker is down ;P

Yeah, I know... I'll let you know if something else bugs me. I AM BOB!
Thanks to our local software-god and miracle worker DCoder, everything seems to be back to working fine.
Enjoy your stay.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:Thanks to our local software-god and miracle worker DCoder, everything seems to be back to working fine.
Enjoy your stay.

Oh Hail the Almighty DCoder! HAHAHA

I always enjoy my stay here! Read and be gay!
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu -
DCoder for President Tongue
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
i thought he was already president of the anti-Jenny organisation
OMFG! HE MENTIONED THE J-WORD!!!

Edit:
Being president in an ecology group doesn't mean you can't be president of a country.
Yes, all hail the coding wizard who has no social life. Big Grin 2
Quote:Being president in an ecology group doesn't mean you can't be president of a country.
And what country would that be, hmm?

Administrative Notice:

Word filter for bob's shit added. Stop bothering everyone with it, seriously.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
First I wanted to write USA but I thought you wouldn't be nice to compare you with Mr.Bush.

Oh no. We're going offtopic.

(btw: at the forum of the page I'm currently developing I already applied a word-filter that replaces J3nny with "STFU Bob" and I made a J3nny accout who does the dirty work Wink )
Time for something INTELLIGENT:
The main page http://renegadeprojects.com/ displays some errors!
Not any more it doesn't Big Grin 2 (Etomite is stupid.)

FFS... She's not my imaginary girlfriend! READ!
Waaaaaahhahaaaaaa
Bang head against wall
1, the link doesn't work right... these anti-line breaker rules shouldn't apply to links...
2, theres a lot more info not on there, i'm working on putting some of it into words... but for more, you should look at the info on her race.
Bob... perhaps you should talk to someone who, you know, cares.