Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site and forum back on track!
As it is now official that RockPatch2 is in development, the website, as well as the forum, has been reactivated and can be used once again.

A couple of things will change here.

The infamous Wishlist will be merged into the bugtracker of Renegade Projects.
"Bugtracker? What the?"
Well, the bugtracker can be used to hold desired features as well! You will enter your wish as if it was a bug, just there will be an option with which you can specify whether you are posting a bug report or a feature proposal.
The advantage of this system is that it is much easier for me to manage it. I can comment features, quickly assign them to a target version and so on. That is, if I don't get flooded with requests!
I know this will happen, so in order to have your report actually be considered by me, please post clear reports with as much information about them and as many ideas form them as you have (i.e. how ini tags could look like for new things, recreation instructions for errors or bugs).
Even the sorted Wishlist is partially still nothing but a mess, and with such I cannot work Tongue

Check out these instructions, they tell you how you are supposed to post wishes from now on!
Check out the Issue Tracker to see examples.
Need a motivator for that? Well, it currently lists all the features that are already done for RockPatch2. Wink

The Votelist will be gotten rid of. A vote is of no use if only a few people participate, and that was exactly the problem the Votelist had.

It may be a pain for some to wait, but given that the first release of RP2 is scheduled to be a long time away, we can discuss things extensively.
In the forum you will find threads marked as "Feature discussions" where you can contribute your ideas and worries, and in some cases you will have polls with various options.
You will still have to accept decisions I make (probably because things can be done much easier and more quickly the way I imagine them) but I will be trying to keep things as democratic as possible.

Let it all begin!
[Image: jsfml.png]
Like, congratulations mate Smile
Thanks for linking!
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]