Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for news post: Strategy X offering free hosting with domain twmods.com
This was sent as an e-mail to several larger community sites. Please propagate it on C&C news websites, in order to reach the largest possible audience.

Hello there, community. My name is Renegade, and I'm the Head Administrator of Strategy X.

December last year, in anticipation of Tiberium Wars' release, I secured twmods.com as a tld for future hostees' C&C3 mods. As that practically means that I have no use for the root domain itself, I am hereby publically offering free hosting and reign over twmods.com to whoever is willing to do something big and useful with it.

The original plan was to have it be a modding resource and mod review site, but I have no desire to interfere with the management of the site - for all I care, it could be about tiberium mutants' piercings or a flash Kane dress-up doll.

The hosting offer is basically the same we offer to anyone, just with a freely usable tld on top: Unlimited traffic/space, php, mysql, cgi and all that. In return, we ask that the network bar stays at the top, and that the network forums/news system is being used. That's all. Check the hosting and TOS pages on strategy-x.com for details.

Currently, the site is already set up with a content management system, designed and connected to the news forum - it's just lacking the necessary 5 hours of hacking to make it bearable in Internet Explorer. A webmaster not interested in IE optimization could therefore immediately start doing whatever he wants to do, but, as I said, I have no interest in interfering anywhere - if the new webmaster wants to wipe it all and redesign everything, that's fine by me.

I'd like the site's language to be English, purely for size-of-audience reasons, but alternatively, German is fine as well.

If you have any questions regarding this offer, or want to apply for the position, contact me in one of the following ways:
  • E-Mail: Renegade@Strategy-X.com
  • Forum-PM: http://forums.renegadeprojects.com
  • Or forum-thread: [that'd be this one, silly]
  • IRC: irc.gamernet.org, channel #RenProj (this method is preferred - should I be away, you can talk to DCoder instead)
For live communication, I'm in CEST, GMT+1, and usually on from around 14:00 to 04:00. (Yes, I have a fucked up sleep cycle Tongue)

Thank you for your attention, and I hope one of you is interested
Renegade
Head Administrator of Strategy X
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.