Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Launch Base Beta Test
URL BUG
In case a update URL doesn't exist, LB crashes while checking for updates.

UNINSTALL BUG
I tried to uninstall my beta LB version of Nighthawk's The Third War, but LB told me, he wasn't able to delete (move to rubbish bin) all files. I checked the folder and it was the launcher.bmp, that wasn't disabled. Is this normal?

VERSION # BUG
LB reminds me every time I start it, that a new version is available. When I check for updates, it tells me my version is 12, the new version is 13. I download and install, after restarting LB it agains points at new updates. And my version is still 12. ???

MC LAUNCH BUG
Launching MC from LB still leads to exception

MC FILES LIST TWEAK
There is still no scrollbar in the files list in MC, long paths are cut of. See screenshot above.
Also MC has still problems with & in paths
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Launch Base
Version 0.99.0014 [2007-10-13]
Fixed bug where clicking the X of the main window would not close Launch Base.
Fixed bug where Launch Base would crash if it tried to download a remote file that does not exist.

I have also fixed the 'new version available' bug - I forgot to update the version number in the last version!

UMP released, although I should point out that without DCoder's DLL the string table will not be updated. (I didn't want to include the full English string table now only to have to upload another version of the UMP later when the dll is available)

gordon-creAtive Wrote:MC LAUNCH BUG
Launching MC from LB still leads to exception
Have you updated LBMC to the latest version? This doesn't happen for me.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:MC FILES LIST TWEAK
There is still no scrollbar in the files list in MC, long paths are cut of. See screenshot above.
Missing screenshot. You should be able to resize the column headers in order to see the full path.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:Also MC has still problems with & in paths
This isn't a bug per se. The install generator doesn't like ampersands and therefore LBMC won't allow them.
I will look into this and see if I can get the install generator to accept ampersands.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I have totally lost sight of what is known and what's not by now. Where is the latest version and what am I supposed to test with it?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
version 12

i seem to get the same crash as before whenever it cannot connect to the internet
the mod catalogue causes a crash
the program freezes when you try to uninstall mod creator
the mod catalogue seems to work...

downloading everything in the catalogue and update center
downloading V14 last
still getting some annoying error that i have more than 3.93GB free
get the same mod catalogue error (seems to be only when empty)
Code:
last line of log is:
2007-10-13 14:15:56  Downloading Mod Catalogue.
Except is :
Internal Error
Date: 2007-10-13 14:07:56
Error: -2147220504
Description: An error occurred calling InternetOpenUrl function
Subroutine: Init

trying to install the map pack fails

Code:
relevent log lines
2007-10-13 14:18:41  Authenticating plugin: Official YR Map Packs (1-5)
2007-10-13 14:18:42  MxShell 00: CreateProcess returned 1
2007-10-13 14:18:42  MxShell 01: lSuccess is now 1
2007-10-13 14:18:42  MxShell 02: C:\Games\Red Alert 2\LaunchBase\Resource\md5sums.out exists.
2007-10-13 14:18:42  MxShell 03:
2007-10-13 14:18:44  Plugin failed to authenticate.

trying to install rockpatch created the same error, and deleted gamemd.exe.....
thats about it so far.
MOD CATALOGUE HP URL BUG
While downloading UMP I clicked on the UMP homepage link, LB told me "Unable to open website".

-> Don't forget the URL BUG. This could be very annoying and I'm shure it will happen very often that a mod hasn't a valid URL path.

-> Can someone send me an english gamemd.exe plz?!? admin<->creativegaming<->net I wanna test RockPatch
?? gamemd.exe isn't localized, there is no English, German or whatever gamemd.exe.
RP should be appliable to any language.
[Image: jsfml.png]
The problem isn't RP, the problem is an old Npatch installation. I applied NP1 to see how it works and I run the setup twice, so the backup exe isn't a backup. Smile

Edit: It's called setup, not retup.
Version 0.99.0015 [2007-10-13]
Launch Base can now cope with directories larger than 3.93 GB.
The 'Disk Usage' shown under 'Mod Details' will now show the size on disk as opposed to just the size.
New method for reading file checksums which should work for users where the old method didn't.
Included "gordon's reflections" skin in Launch Base installer. Note that the set of skins to be included in the release candidate is subject to change.

Bobingabout Wrote:i seem to get the same crash as before whenever it cannot connect to the internet
Do you get a crash when running Check For Updates if it can't connect to the Internet?

Bobingabout Wrote:trying to install rockpatch created the same error, and deleted gamemd.exe.....
wtf? If Launch Base can't authenticate a plugin it won't do anything to any files. I have double checked the code to see if there is any way this could happen and I cannot see it. I have tried with several different versions of RockPatch and never had a problem.
Can you replicate this?

Renegade Wrote:Where is the latest version and what am I supposed to test with it?
If you're a little way behind with the updates, best bet would be to clean install the latest version - available from the same url as before. As for what needs testing, anything and everything really. Particularly things that you've experienced a problem with.
I still haven't figured out what could be causing your issue with the read only directories and access denied problems though. The bits for my new computer are now on order so I should be able to do more XP testing soon.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:Don't forget the URL BUG.
That was fixed in version 0.99.0014 (at least it should have been). That may not have been particularly clear in the change log. Do you still experience a problem with this?

gordon-creAtive Wrote:While downloading UMP I clicked on the UMP homepage link, LB told me "Unable to open website".
Does it happen every time you click a link, or only specific links?
--Lysdexia

Marshall Wrote:Included "gordon's reflections" skin in Launch Base installer. Note that the set of skins to be included in the release candidate is subject to change.
Thanks for including it but err... I just can't see it. There's Renegades skin twice in the list!

Marshall Wrote:New method for reading file checksums which should work for users where the old method didn't.

That means practical:

Code:
Internal Error
Date: 2003-01-02 00:17:20
Error: 11
Description: Division by zero
Subroutine: BOI
PassedVar1: E:\Red Alert II\LaunchBase\Mods\yrmaps\video\CrctBrd.yro
PassedVar2: E:\Red Alert II\CrctBrd.yro
PassedVar3: E:\Red Alert II\LaunchBase\Backup\CrctBrd.yro
PassedVar4: 4
PassedVar5: 0
PassedVar6: 0
PassedVar7: 0
PassedVar8: False

gordon-creAtive Wrote:Don't forget the URL BUG.
This works!

Marshall Wrote:Does it happen every time you click a link, or only specific links?
Only in the Mod Catalogue with every mod.
Version 0.99.0016 [2007-10-13]
Installer now really does include "gordon's reflections" skin instead of two copies of Renegade's skin.
Fixed 'divide by zero' error when installing plugins.
Fixed 'unable to open website' error in Mod Catalogue.
--Lysdexia

I'm proud to announce that I was able to install the YR Mappack, which means: MD5 checksum function works!

INSTALLED PLUGINS TWEAK
A thing, that was a little bit unclear, was when you installed a plugin, it still shows this plugin in the Available plugins list and (!!) it was possible to reinstall the plugin. This didn't caused any problems but is at the beginning a little bit confusing. Maybe you wanna change it Marshall.

ROCKPATCH VERSION BUG IN MC
After building the installer of an RockPatch Mod (Nighthawks mod is my hostage all the time) I wasn't able to change the RP version number in MC, it was greyed out.

MOD INSTALLER TWEAK
Marshall, you should add a check to the Mod/Plugin Installer if LB is running during installing.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:A thing, that was a little bit unclear, was when you installed a plugin, it still shows this plugin in the Available plugins list and (!!) it was possible to reinstall the plugin. This didn't caused any problems but is at the beginning a little bit confusing.
The reason for this is that if you download a more up-to-date version of a plugin, then it needs to be listed so that you can overwrite the older version that is already installed. I suppose I could not list a plugin if it was installed and the same version. Not sure whether that would be more or less intuitive though. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
By the way, installing over the top should not cause any problems, because LB will uninstall the version that's already installed, before reinstalling it.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:After building the installer of an RockPatch Mod (Nighthawks mod is my hostage all the time) I wasn't able to change the RP version number in MC, it was greyed out.
Please can you send me a screenshot of this and your <.lbp> file.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:you should add a check to the Mod/Plugin Installer if LB is running during installing.
There should already be one! However I can see that this is no longer working so I'll try and fix that.
--Lysdexia

I'll check these things a little bit later because I just managed to destroy my YR installation completly (I had to manually uninstall a mod and deleted to much)
I replaced my splash.bmp, I really like my new one, so I upload it here. Marshall, feel FREE to add it, you don't have to, it's just something I did when I was bored.

.bmp   Less than 1 minute ago">splash.bmp (Size: 76.05 KB / Downloads: 471)
Marshall Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:i seem to get the same crash as before whenever it cannot connect to the internet
Do you get a crash when running Check For Updates if it can't connect to the Internet?
i dunno, will have to test
Marshall Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:trying to install rockpatch created the same error, and deleted gamemd.exe.....
wtf? If Launch Base can't authenticate a plugin it won't do anything to any files. I have double checked the code to see if there is any way this could happen and I cannot see it. I have tried with several different versions of RockPatch and never had a problem.
Can you replicate this?
I'll have to play with that again, actually, i don't think it did delete gamemd.exe, but install rockpatch anyway, since the launchbase on next run complained about something messing with rockpatch, and it showed it as installed.
Marshall Wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I think you should deactivate the "Install Plugin" button in case the plugin is installed and the version numbers are matching. Then you should add another info to the info box like "Status: Installed/ Not Installed/ New version available" or something like that.
Alternatively you can add a new button that replaces the "Install Plugin" button with "Update Plugin".

Little question: What happens if a user installs a plugin, then downloads a new version and installs this one - does LB remove the old files or does it try the remove the "new" ones?