Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPatch
Quote:Second, is there something changed between NPatch and previous version ( 1.10.36 ) ?
previous versions is Original YR 1.001 however.

You can add new LStorms, ParaDrops, e.t.c. in NPatch 1.00, while you can't add it in Original YR.

Quote:First, the download links point to "freewebs.com/npatch/PAGES/PAGES/" while the files are in "freewebs.com/npatch/PAGES/".
I don't know problem, but Opera open it normally. Both versions 9.0 and 8.xx.
I will correct it at home.

Quote:So VK will have total control over all modders and players - I guess this was the reason why he started this god-damn project. All in all the great RockPatch developed into a sandbox for the mighty VK, the one and only. We all have to be nice to him or he will show his force.
no. web-setup is very good feature, because you download one installer.
Using this installer you can install different versions.

Quote:VK don't follows unwritten respect rules
which rules?

Quote:Now he removed the last barrier for total control by moving this project to his own webspace - good-bye RenProj, thank you for being my rear cover.
this is my project, and I can select any place for it.
About RenProj: King Ren don't answer to my last PM during a two weeks, so I choose another place.

Quote:you are an egoist
no right.

Quote:and I won't support your little dictatorship
who here dictatorship? at least not me.

Quote:oh, sorry, did I say *your* patch? I meant the patch you stole.
All RPs since RP 1.08 SE and NPatch released by me and contains my work (and nobody else).
So I can say "my patch" about this items.

Quote:I have to ask did you fix the self destruction phase (if possible)
Copyprotection?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

The best way to approach this is to simply ignore the patch and post a announcement on the RP site that is now defunct/on hold.

Remove all VK work from the site and post whatever exe, hack or documentation with crap english, wrong spelling on your NPatch free website crap which seems to only work in IE for now.

There is no point arguing but for the sake of any poor soul who should view this thread they should know what a arse VK is.

NPatch etc is all buggy and VK will never fix it all.

Besides I thought you quit YR hacking to make your wonderful new engine.

Also, free world, free speech VK, so deal with it, thats my "bullshit" to you.

All you have done VK is turn Rock Patch into a embarassment with a stupid flame war over small things, withdrawal of exe's which due to the internet are pratically impossible and inpratical to remove, pissed off several well respected modders and forum members and left the website in a mess.

As the caretaker for the Rock Patch you really fucked it all up. Also you should have viewed offical Rock Patch site, to see what a embrassment it is now and even if you can't fixed it, you should have told whoever was responsible to fix it.

I admit I am biased because your code is "cleaner" then PD's was but your attitude smell worse then a decaying corpse which is RA2/YR game engine.
Quote:King Ren don't answer to my last PM during a two weeks, so I choose another place.
Good bye, and good riddance.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
VK's site Wrote:* Distribution. You can't include NP installer in the mod package. NP must be distributed only from offical site.
* NPatch versions incompatible with each other.
* If I say what some version of the patch no longer available, you must agreed with it and don't longer use it.

Are you trying to make your derivative work of YR as unattractive to modders as possible? If you are going to say that each versions will be incompatible with each other (which broadly won't be true anyway unless you deliberately change things between versions), then you must promise to ensure all versions are always available so that modders who have used them can be confident their users can always play them. Either that or modders MUST be able to distribute the needed version with their mods to ensure they work.
Why are you such a possessive control freak when you are making something that only has benefit when used by a large somewhat cooperative community and which is derived from someone elses work anyway? EA may be a somewhat evil company, but even they aren't acting as arrogant and possessive as you and let us all be thankful that that is the case. What amazes me more is that you have the cheek to use the benefits of the open source program 7zip to distribute your patch, a project that they share freely and allow anyone to tinker with, all the while being selfish and possessive of your own largely derivative work.
also, you spelt "our" wrong in the link in your installer- you spelt it "out". Why's it our anyway? you seem to think you did it all yourself. (so not true)
VK Wrote:
Quote:Now he removed the last barrier for total control by moving this project to his own webspace - good-bye RenProj, thank you for being my rear cover.
this is my project, and I can select any place for it.
About RenProj: King Ren don't answer to my last PM during a two weeks, so I choose another place.
Because your last PM was aggressively asking for certain specific hosting deals which you were just not eligible for.

I had told you one day before that you could either continue RockPatch, or start an entirely new project, not both.
Next day, you order half new, half ex-RTB.

Do you think I'll just bounce PMs back and forth until I'm tired and grant your demands?

I have, in multiple PMs, made quite clear what parameters have to be fulfilled in order to either a) re-grant you full access to all RTB pages, or b) set up an entirely new account.
If you ignore these clear messages and demand stuff you can't have, that's quite frankly not my problem.

You had any chance to get hosted at STX without any problems. You didn't like our packages. You left. That's your decision, and your inability to read or accept my PMs. Not mine.

Oh, and one more thing: I am not in the mood for another 1.10 dev thread. I have the PMs stored, and I've got backups. I can prove I told you everything necessary to get hosting, and that you ignored it.
So the only thing continuous lies will get you is that I release the entire convo, and everybody can see how you continuously ignored everything I said.

I'm not gonna have you hide your arrogance and inability to compromise behind slander again. I am sick of you and your lies. Again and again and again you fuck up everything there is to fuck up and then try to blame others. Not anymore.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
VK Wrote:
Quote:I have to ask did you fix the self destruction phase (if possible)
Copyprotection?

no, I brought my yuri and Red alert 2 along with tib sun/renegade..I have a legal copy

what I'm saying is the game self destructs when you have about 2-3 units/structures left, It started happening soon as you released 1.10 RP
Quote:NPatch free website crap which seems to only work in IE for now.
I am sure that you didn't install it at all, isn't it?

Quote:NPatch etc is all buggy and VK will never fix it all.
...said AlliedG, who never do something like this (include buggy versions too)

Quote:Besides I thought you quit YR hacking to make your wonderful new engine.
It's developed also.

Quote:pissed off several well respected modders
examples please.

Quote: left the website in a mess.
Again. I have never edit web-site.

Quote:As the caretaker for the Rock Patch you really fucked it all up. Also you should have viewed offical Rock Patch site, to see what a embrassment it is now and even if you can't fixed it, you should have told whoever was responsible to fix it.
I have never any kind of access to RTB web-site and however it working perfectly.

Quote:Are you trying to make your derivative work of YR as unattractive to modders as possible?
1)After RP-end situation a lot of community members suggest to do this
2)Nothing bad. Just link. User press link. Download. Press. Install. Fine.
Is it very difficult?
3)Only rare modders really include installer into mod package (for example BobingAbout,
I suggested it to Speeder, but he didn't include it. So it doesn't matter at all.
nobody will use this feature.
4)I had not finished the setup program yet, so this questions will be discussed in future.

Quote:If you are going to say that each versions will be incompatible with each other (which broadly won't be true anyway unless you deliberately change things between versions)
however this was always.

Quote:Why are you such a possessive control freak when you are making something that only has benefit when used by a large somewhat cooperative community and which is derived from someone elses work anyway?
I have never done anything against community.
This doesn't mean that, if zzz want xxxx, I must go and implement his stupid wishers.
Most people in out community don't know about coding nothing. About hacking of course too.
They mustn't think that all features are possible. No! Read at least about this stupid LaserSize.
It really isn't possible to add width support for none-house-color lasers without a lot of additional code.
Who thought about it? Nobody.

Look into good example - Speeder - developer of MO.
He never waster my time by stupid wishers. (only in wishlist)
He had developed his mod and peacefully look into RP project.
Like: this feature can be used in my mod - I will use it.
without infinite demands, like most of you.
he reported about some errors, while another modders prefer to do nothing with bugs and start blame me later.

You should look into existed patch features, don't claim new features.

Quote:Because your last PM was aggressively asking for certain specific hosting deals which you were just not eligible for.
yes, this good reason. But doesn't matter now.

Quote:I had told you one day before that you could either continue RockPatch, or start an entirely new project, not both.
totally new project as you see.
RTB is Rock The Battlefield PD's mod.
And isn't related with RP by any way.

Quote:You had any chance to get hosted at STX without any problems. You didn't like our packages. You left. That's your decision, and your inability to read or accept my PMs. Not mine.
yes this is my decision.

Quote:Oh, and one more thing: I am not in the mood for another 1.10 dev thread. I have the PMs stored, and I've got backups. I can prove I told you everything necessary to get hosting, and that you ignored it.
don't worry yourself please, my king.

I will have my own site with my patch, my own mod, my own tools (such as TMP Studio).
Without any kind of comparing with old RP & PD.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

yet it's RP with a few additions?

Quote:pissed off several well respected modders

I think that just about everyone is well respected compared to VK.
VK Wrote:
Quote:Because your last PM was aggressively asking for certain specific hosting deals which you were just not eligible for.
yes, this good reason. But doesn't matter now.
I would like to point out that VK admits I had a good reason for not continuing our conversation.

VK Wrote:
Quote:I had told you one day before that you could either continue RockPatch, or start an entirely new project, not both.
totally new project as you see.
RTB is Rock The Battlefield PD's mod.
And isn't related with RP by any way.
RTB was related to RP in every way, and you know it.
Either way, a new project doesn't equal RTB either, so the same argument holds.

VK Wrote:
Quote:You had any chance to get hosted at STX without any problems. You didn't like our packages. You left. That's your decision, and your inability to read or accept my PMs. Not mine.
yes this is my decision.
And we respect it. Good bye.

VK Wrote:
Quote:Oh, and one more thing: I am not in the mood for another 1.10 dev thread. I have the PMs stored, and I've got backups. I can prove I told you everything necessary to get hosting, and that you ignored it.
don't worry yourself please, my king.
I was not the one being accused of dictatorial behavior even by people who usually support totalitarian governments...

VK Wrote:I will have my own site with my patch, my own mod, my own tools (such as TMP Studio).
Without any kind of comparing with old RP & PD.
And given that your move apparently has already happened without you informing the network administration, I will take the fact that you already linked to the new site as an indicator that your hosting here is redundant, and will therefore terminate it.

Administrative Notice:

This forum section will be deactivated in the very immediate future.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.