Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF is RockPatch?
I guess VK wants to kill me for this Wink but I also think this is important to the RockPatch community and for the upcoming SwizzlePatch.

Few days ago I searched someone who downloaded RP 1.10 before VK removed it, because I wanted to test it. I tried it in the german community "cncforen.de". I posted:

Quote:Hat noch jemand den RockPatch 1.10 zufällig?
(Does someone have RP1.10?)

Answer from an Admin:
Quote:Um welches Game geht's?
(About which game are you talking?) I didn't really understand that question 'till I found out, that I posted in the wrong topic (my major mistake in forums) I also didn't believe that a admin didn't know that Rock Patch is for YR.

But there were more post of that kind:
Quote:Nein, von dem hab ich noch nichts gehört.
Allerdings von einem 1.002 patch für Yuri.
(I didn't heard of this thing, but there exists a 1.002 patch for YR)
JawdroppingI didn't believe what I was reading.

However the best things came now: A very intelligent guy linked directly to http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Rock%2...atch11.rar Bang head against wallBang head against wallBang head against wallHammer of ...

After that another guy telled me that the newest version is 1.08 and 1.10 newer existed. It took him actually 3 posts to check that 1.10 wasn't anymore on the official homepage:
Quote:die aktuelle Rock-Patch-Version ist 1.08 ( erschienen 8. Juni 2007 ).

DL: http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Ro...01.08%20SE.exe

das das Rock-Patch-Projekt zu diesem Zeitpunkt auch eingestellt wurde, denke ich nicht, dass es einen neueren als 1.08 geben wird

Edit:
upps... ok gab doch einen  => http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Ro..._1_10_0036.exe da ist dein #0036

Edit:
Nr2:
DL funzt nicht -.-
Zitat:
Please note that this project was recently ended. The information presented might be changed or moved around soon.
Thumbs up
As you can see the most popular german community doesn't even know the word "RockPatch" and it won't know the name "SwizzlePatch" (or whatever else). I think that's a real pity because these developments are the most important for the whole C&C series.
I think I have to promote the whole modenc and RP development in this community, I still can't believe that they missed it! Maybe everyone in the renegade community should take care of the spread of these projects.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
What is this "renegade community" you speak of?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
All guys in this forum? Everyone who has something to do with renegadesprojects.com or strategy-x.com... I know there is still ppm and deziree but I don't think this german community (as a example) needs these forums.
To most, "renegade community" would imply something related to C&C Renegade, not RenProj (which is how we usually refer to this forum).

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ah oh yeah of course I forgot. I mean the RenProj pages community.

Oh ren just added a verification method in this moment...
That was wrong, ren not added a verification, I just forget to logon... last post was me
Quote:After that another guy telled me that the newest version is 1.08 and 1.10 newer existed.
this is right however.

Quote:I also didn't believe that a admin didn't know that Rock Patch is for YR.
And you want something more?
...If people on this forum very often writing: "RP for RA2/YR".

Quote:Edit:
Is word "Edit" the same in German language and in English?

Quote:As you can see the most popular german community doesn't even know the word "RockPatch" and it won't know the name "SwizzlePatch"
I planned to add some advertisment about SP in future after each release.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

(Die Typen in der deutschen Community sind grundsätzlich Monate hinter allem hinterher...einer der Hauptgründe, warum ich dort normalerweise nicht verkehre. Ich wollte dort aber sowieso noch kucken, ob ich nicht einen Webmaster für eine TibWars-Seite finde, vielleicht kann man das irgendwie verbinden.)

Yes, VK, "edit" == "edit".
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:Yes, VK, "edit" == "edit".

At least "edit" isn't a german word but they always use it. Like many other english words that are running over our good old language ;-).

(@ VK In germany we're using "handy" for a mobile phone despite it is the wrong word...)

I thougt about your offer to administrating a tibwars hp but I think that would be to much work for me and I also don't like tibwars very much. I still search something to help this community.

PS: Ich brech mir hier schon seit Monaten einen ab, damit mein Englisch auch jeder versteht und dann muss ich festellen das ausgerechnet der Admin deutscher ist. Na klasse Wink
Selbst ich bin Deutscher... aber ich muss Renegade völlig recht geben, die Deutsche C&C-Community lässt zu wünschen übrig.

A (long) while ago, when RP1.07 was released, I checked a German forum to find a thread with questions about the RockPatch, if it really existed and the like...
I think what most of the Germans need is a good English lesson Smile
They're simply afraid of English, and therefore avoiding English forums, sites etc.
Just joining the English community is a pretty good English lesson though, my case should be a great example for that...

Not that German isn't a nice language Big Grin
[Image: jsfml.png]
gordon-creAtive Wrote:PS: Ich brech mir hier schon seit Monaten einen ab, damit mein Englisch auch jeder versteht und dann muss ich festellen das ausgerechnet der Admin deutscher ist. Na klasse Wink
Hehehe. Gerade meine Nationalität ist eigentlich kein Geheimnis in der Community. Stand bisher immer in meinem Profil. Aber lass' dir gesagt sein: Wir sind überall. Wink Nicht nur pd und ich, TheMatze ist auch Deutscher, Reaperrr, und noch ein paar andere...wir unterwandern langsam die Community Big Grin

[Alibi-English-part:]
I actually just recently went through tech support to re-take control of my cncforen account...I had lost the password and it was mapped to renegade@destructionmod.com - which I had let expire a few months earlier -_-
But it's just because, you know...not because I plan to be active there. It's good to have if you have to promote something...or just to see how they're ridiculously discussing stuff that was current months ago.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:or just to see how they're ridiculously discussing stuff that was current months ago.
like "OMGWTFBBQ! RP1.10 is released"
"I can't download it"
"WTF"
lol
Aber trotzdem finde ich, sollten wir jetzt nicht anfangen Posts mit "versteckten" deutschen Sätzen zu spicken, ich glaub der Rest fühlt sich leicht ausgeschlossen. I think everybody learned enough English to communicate here, at least it will improve my skills, like pd already said. I think I have to post some senseless Threads in the german community with a signature which links to RenProj to bring important knowledge to these conservative Retro-Zocker. ;-) I wonder if anyone of them knows what "ModEnc" is.

//Edit: I tried it I searched for "ModEnc" - no hits, "Renegade Projects" -the same, "RockPatch" - one post about it, but they didn't exactly understand how to manage Rockpatch stuff. omg
try also Rock Patch (with space between words).
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

No hits. When searching "RockPatch" there are some modding issues, where somone brought in the name "RockPatch" but the discussion about using it lasts about 3 posts and ends sometimes with a post that says that RockPatch sucks or it is too buggy to use. I'm sure they didn't even try to use all the amazing stuff that patch delivers. However I did some unimportant posts there with a direct link in my signature to RenProj and RockPatch. Let's see what's happening...
Es kann eben nicht jeder Englisch so gut das er sich damit hier verständigen kann.

Sicher gibt es viele die das RP mal ausprobiert haben.

Aber es gibt schon eine Menge was nicht ganz richtig funktioniert.

Für mich werden auch die Änderungen nicht gut genung dokumentiert.
Das kann eventuell an meinem fehlenden Englisch liegen.
Aber, soweit ich das mitbekommen habe, haben auch des Englischen mächtige Probleme damit.

Ich hätte, zum Beispiel, schon mal gern gewusst was in den RockPatch CE Versionen geändert werden muss damit sie funktionieren.

Bei meiner Mod funktionierte es bis RockPatch-CE 0040.
Ab RockPatch CE 0042 konnte das Spiel nicht geladen werden.
Ich habe nirgends entdeckt was man da hätte ändern müssen.