Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with RPCE
@ VK

1. If you mean with no Rock Patch, then no it runs just fine, however with the CE addition, yes. No matter what it fails.

2. No

3. Yes, every last version short of 1.08SE crashes without even loading, and upon instillation of the RockPath I recive no errors what so ever. It copies (transfers or what ever you call it) just fine, no problem at all. Just no other Version will play, except SE 1.08

4. Theres no Details, I'll make a screen of it however.
[Image: untitled2-1.jpg]

@ GC, I have the English Version, US release. However if it could work I do understand some basic German. However not sure if it would match up on the US English Version.
I also want the english version of YR, I will search one (won't take long 1 or 2 days) and when I found it I will apply Rock Patch. Which version do you want?
I've got a nice collection of ALL versions Wink
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Strange...
I have never seen this before.

IMO This box isn't generic Windows error box at all.
Looks like Delphi message box however.

Possible this is a virus or an antivirus action Smile
You are using Windows XP Pro?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

He said he was using 2000/98...

Btw, VK, it's not a Delphi message box : Google.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
@GC, umm I don't need any so far, I've been lucky enough that mods include the Version of RockPatch thats needed.

Also no I have Windows 2000/98, I have AVG Virus Guard and AVAST running, Lavasoft Spyware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and lastly Spyware blaster. So I think that end is covered as I do full system Scans and defrags once a week. As to the window, its standard, colors may be off however as I've modified my screen layout on Widows displays somewhat to better suit my eyes.
Sorry for double post, but I'll disconnect from the net and stop my virus programs and see what happens.
-Sigh- Oh well a waisted Triple post, a repeat of the same thing alas. However in lack of other ideas I took a screen shot of CE's launcher to see if its of help SE and CE shots are included. (And of course I unistalled one before uploading the other)

SE
[Image: untitled-6.jpg]

CE

[Image: untitled-5.jpg]
and... it is a standard windows 98 error message.
Possible this is Doctor Watson box.

Quote:and... it is a standard windows 98 error message.
no. standart Win98 box have a lot of good data Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Whats a Doctor Watson Box?

And I assure you it is windows. Not trying to sound a bit upitty, however, I have a Compaq Deskpro FN with a Pentium 2 proscessor that runs at 1.0 ghz. Also I have more than enough spare space to run the game in terms of Memorary usage goes. The game was made for PC usage only to start with and most PC's have windows. Also as I recive updates for my PC via Microsofts Windows Update site that seems to also support the above.

All I'm trying to do is find a solution as to why the RPCE will not work while SE will. I'm not able to game much with work and family, and I'm looking foreward to playing some mods on YR when I can. Saddly most of the ones that seem any good use the Versions of Rock Patch I just can not get to launch. So my limited time seems to be a waste when I'm forced to use an older Version that often ends in frustration from an IE.
Dr Watson is a diagnostic tool, which is part of windows 98
I take it no one has a clue whats wrong given how long its been, correct?
as i said, i have seen it happen before, but i can't remember what caused it.
Run a Doctor Watson and create a report.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Ehh, how do I do that? I mean I found the Dr Watson tool, but I can't get it to scan or anything, soon as I choose my directories it just closes on OK and thats it. No scan, nothing. I've never even heard of it till now, so I'm a bit lost.
Run the program:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
Now in the Log File Path box, enter where you want the report to be generated, or you can browse to make it easier. The desktop would probably be suitable enough. I think it's this file that VK's talking about, so I don't think the location of the crash dump matters. Check the boxes that say 'Visual Notification' and 'Sound Notification'. Now click OK.
Next run the program:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwatson.exe
If any faults are found, it will output them to a log file in the directory you specified earlier.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Well I did what was said, I just did the scan start to cover all of C: drive and saddly no faults were detected. Then again maybe Dr Watson had a problem, I'll see if I can find a way to scan it.