Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with RPCE
Hello, sorry for asking as a guest but I don't want to join a forum, anyways I have a ligit version of Yuri's Revenge (with RA2 of course) and pretty much every time I use any version of RP except 1.08 SE I end up with the fallowing error's and my game will not load.

"Gamemd.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program."

I have a freash install and the game has been updated to required patchs, however the CE patchs and versions no matter what just will not load with the mods that need them, and using 1.08 SE is in a manner for me a waste as few modders use it as current, or it often crashes with IE's on newer modifications such as Mental Omega, or the Third War to name a few.

Can anyone help me with this matter please?
Given that VK ceased support for CE and RP is officially ended, you will most likely not get official support from VK; other users may have experience with this, but I wouldn't count on it.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Have you tried compatibility mode on your YR game?

Edit: Also, do you use The First Decade or regular YR?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
I use Regular, Original game, not the FD release. And I have no idea what the compatibility mode is. If you mean the game version, as far as it seems its just the standard from the box US release.

As to the other information, thats bad, and I remember seeing a thread on here a while back where someone else had this problem, but I've been unable to find it on my searchs. Nor can I remember to information from it first hand.
Compatibility mode is a thing in Windows XP and Vista where you right click on the game program, or a shortcut to it, and go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab. In here you can make the program think it is running on an older version of Windows, such as Windows 98 or NT. Try running YR in 98/ME compatibility mode. Of course, this only works on XP or Vista, so if you don't use either of them, I'm not sure what to do.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
that all depends what version of windows you are using.
what version of windows are you using?
I have 2000/98, so the meathod I was told doesn't really seem needed
does the error happen on both of those? 2000 and 98?
also, what version of RPCE is it? original? or 1 of the revisions? which revision?
Maybe he forgots to patch the orginal YR to the 'newest' official patch... But I don't know if it's necessary. Just another idea, maybe it will help...
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
I thought the RP installer stopped the installation if you didn't have 1.001 installed?
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
1.001 I never forget to install, always when I updated RA2 so I can play Yuri's Revenge, I go ahead and just update it as well. As far as Operating System it seems not to matter I get the Same error.

Right now I'm using RPCE 52, although I have tried nearly all of the current and past releases and except for 1.08SE I meet the same fate when trying to launch.

"Gamemd.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program." It Doesn't matter if I try to Launch YR on its own (Say in the old fashion extract files to YR database) Or if I launch the mod with its own launcher. (Of course after removing previous mods) I end up with the same result every single time.
I've got no clue why this appears. I've got no 200/98 system anymore so I can't test it. Did you reinstall YR? (I think you did it already)

Another idea: which (language) version of YR do you own? I could send you a patched exe of the german one... or ask someone in the forum!
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
1)Is it happen with Original YR?
2)Is your Windows 64 bit?
3)Is this happen with all RP versions?
4)On error box your can see "view details" link.
Post an scrn here.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i tested my lated beta or R:ROTC on my windows 98 PC at work, didn't have any problems other than the 16-bit SHP being funky.

i do remember this problem before, but i can't remember what the problem was.
On Windows Me if you select a campaign button system freeze happen.

Quote:other than the 16-bit SHP being funky.
1-5-5-5 mode?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!