Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with editing Resources
Hi VK,

is it possible that you haven't correctly "marked" the end of new code and data blocks or anything like this? I'm asking, because when I use Resource Hacker and delete too much things from, the dialogs the game refuses to start. It simply quits before doing anything, and all I see is a flicker of the Hourglass-Cursor. However, in the original game, this didn't happen.
Quote:when I ... delete too much thinks
I wonder...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Why?

Bachsau Wrote:... in the original game, this didn't happen.
It's really regardless of what I'm deleting. Just the amout counts for the error... I know what i'm doing, and what can savely be deleted, if this is what you mean.

Greez
Bachsau
well... IMO, try either un-doing some of it untill it works, or, start again and test after every change untill it doesn't work.
1)No RP related at all. King Ren please move it to Ra2/YR editing forum.
2)Resource Hacker - is
SHIT.
It's usually corrupt files. This is reallity.
I am using MSVC++ 6.0 and NEVER have any errors,
also  VC++ can also open PE-X64 and PE-ARM files, while ResHack can't!
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Dude, you are a moderator of this forum, that means you have powers to move it yourself. If you don't, that's a bug that needs fixing.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
And I've already told him that last time. But it's not new he doesn't listen.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:And I've already told him that last time. But it's not new he doesn't listen.

Im not sure he understands that. As when you directed me to have VK add the ETS Votelist to the Rock the Battlefeild site he told me to have you or DCoder do it as he could not. This is after you told me that he was the one to talk about about it for the reasons you described previously. His seeming lack of understanding be it acted or sincere is why I dont get in to this any more as its agrovating(sp?).
Moved.

Quote:Im not sure he understands that. As when you directed me to have VK add the ETS Votelist to the Rock the Battlefeild site he told me to have you or DCoder do it as he could not. This is after you told me that he was the one to talk about about it for the reasons you described previously. His seeming lack of understanding be it acted or sincere is why I dont get in to this any more as its agrovating(sp?).
I have no access to PD's website, only can post news.
I have FTP access only to:
http://files.renegadeprojects.com/index....ttlefield/
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I already knew that Resource Hacker isn't hmm... Lets say "that good". Wink

But for me it never corrupted other files before if it didn't run into saving problems (which tends to happen, but can be solved by re-saving).

I'll use MSVC++ as soon as I get my hands on it. But regarding to YR, I ever wondered, from where it gets that "GUIDELINES"-Resource that appears after saving...

@topic: I thought it's RockPatch related, since it only happens with RockPatch. Big Grin

Greez
Bachsau
CnCVK Wrote:I have no access to PD's website, only can post news.
I have FTP access only to:
http://files.renegadeprojects.com/index....ttlefield/
Wow...you've been doing RP for what? A year now? And now you mention you're lacking access to the main site? o_O

Anyway, I guess part of the problem is that you yourself call it "pd's website". Please check back with pd if there is any remaining interest in the site, or if you can take it over entirely; independent from that, we could also set up a new account at rockpatch.strategy-x.com or rp.strategy-x.com (or something else).
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:But for me it never corrupted other files before, if it didn't run into saving problems (which it soeriously gets, but can be solved by re-saving).
What number of files you open? one,two..ten? Big Grin
For example, I can edit resources by hands.

Quote:@topic: I thought it's RockPatch related, since it only happens with RockPatch.
sometimes yes. You can't edit resources in RP.

Quote:And now you mention you're lacking access to the main site?
The site is good and don't need every-day-update-because-it-have-bugs.

Quote:pd's website
he creates this perfect site and I didn't change an anything on it.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!