Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIX Protector
MIX Protector v1.0
released!

This tool help you to protect your mix files (TS/FS/RA2/YR) from ripping by bad guys.
Work only with generic MIX files.

Download it here:
http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Rock%2...tector.zip
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i don't want to know exactly how it works, because that would break the point, but, can you give me a little info on how it works?

DCoders works because it doesn't contain the "Magic File" created by an XCC program, needed so it can read it.
Leachkiller works by changing a bit to corrupt the header.
Stop spreading false info. My tool does more than that.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Quote: but, can you give me a little info on how it works?
this main idea, that you can't restore it back.
otherwise anyone will simple de-protect it.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

DCoder Wrote:Stop spreading false info. My tool does more than that.
i know it does more than that, but, these are the basics
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote: but, can you give me a little info on how it works?
this main idea, that you can't restore it back.
otherwise anyone will simple de-protect it.
yer, i got that, but, in what way does it protect the file?

like my other example above, leachkiller and DCoders program both protect mix files, in 2 totally seperate ways. is yours a 3rd way or using 1 that already exists?
Quote:like my other example above, leachkiller and DCoders program both protect mix files, in 2 totally seperate ways. is yours a 3rd way or using 1 that already exists?
I don't know the way how LeechKiller work Tongue

P.S. Is LeechKiller created by DCoder?
Quote:Saberhawk would have posted this himself
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7781
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:P.S. Is LeechKiller created by DCoder?
was made by someone on deezire a few years ago which apears to no longer exists (maybe during the period before he restored a 2 month old backup?)

to put it simply, it changes part of the header that is read by XCC, but not needed by RA2, so, RA2 can still read the mix, but you can't open it in XCC.

DCoder's is a feature of his MIX/BAG/CSF DLL, and as i said before, it leaves out something that XCC adds so it can read it, but RA2 doesn't need.

basicly, both exploit the fact that XCC looks for more than what the game looks for.
Dude. Stop.

XCC places a "lmd.dat" into each mix it creates, which contains a list of all filenames and their hashed versions for XCC to recognise. LeechKiller erases lmd.dat's record in the MIX header, but leaves it in the MIX. XCC's Cmix_file::is_valid() will explain what happens then, if it isn't obvious yet.

DCoder Wrote:Dude. Stop.

XCC places a "lmd.dat" into each mix it creates, which contains a list of all filenames and their hashed versions for XCC to recognise. LeechKiller erases lmd.dat's record in the MIX header, but leaves it in the MIX. XCC's Cmix_file::is_valid() will explain what happens then, if it isn't obvious yet.

yeah Smile but change one number can bring .dat back(so it can be opened) But it must be a specefic number/lether with I figure out with help of little math Smile
For now, yes, a little math will work. I, however, have some ideas that will thwart "simple math". That's all I will say, Marshall and Ren know what I'm talking about, the rest of you don't really need to know. Tongue

VK, the MIX protector still gets loaded in the XCC Mixer if its in the RA2 directory Unhappy Even though all the names are in hexadecimal, you can still extract them fine
[Image: cabal_sig_2.png]
Proud supporter of Xeno, the Revora Juggernauts, and PDF
Shhh, shouldn't have told 'em that.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:VK, the MIX protector still gets loaded in the XCC Mixer if its in the RA2 directory Even though all the names are in hexadecimal, you can still extract them fine
Probably error happen, but console window closed after it?
Please send to me your protected file.

Quote:Shhh, shouldn't have told 'em that.
I have more better ways, like size cheking, CRC cheking Tongue
ARM forever - x86 sucks!