Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spy Drone
Hi i'm making a drone that enters a tank and follows it around, revealing terrain around it, while not dealing any damage (of course!) and doesn't rock the tank. I've tried using Rocker=no but it neither not rocks the tank nor reveals anything. Help!
Code please and everything related to it in rules(md).ini.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Unit code
Code:
[SPYDRON]
UIName=Name:SPYDRON
Name=Spy Drone
Category=AFV
Prerequisite=NAWEAP
Primary=DroneJump2
Secondary=VirtualScanner
NavalTargeting=6
Strength=100
SuppressionThreshold=5; damage below this amount won't suppress the parasite
ReselectIfLimboed=yes ; If selected when limbo on attack of infantry, reselect when unlimbo
DefaultToGuardArea=yes ; the much awaited terror drone default to move and attack when resting
Armor=special_1
TechLevel=4
Turret=no
IsTilter=no
CrateGoodie=no
Sight=7
Speed=10 ; gs Don't go higher than 20, or he gets stuck running in circles
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=500
Soylent=500
Points=20
ROT=40
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes
Crusher=no
Crewed=no
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=TerrorDroneSelect
VoiceAttack=TerrorDroneAttackCommand
VoiceMove=TerrorDroneMove
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=TerrorDroneDie
MoveSound=TerrorDroneMoveLoop
Maxdebris=2
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1};<-drive   mech->{55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5}
;MovementZone=Normal ;gs FLAW needs to be changed to this when The Flaw is fixed
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=25 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
Weight=.5
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ImmuneToRadiation=yes
Parasiteable=no
Trainable=no
Explodes=no
AccelerationFactor=5 ; really fast
DeaccelerationFactor=5 ; This is TS's mizspelingg knot min
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
;Bombable=no
Size=2
Accelerates=false
Bunkerable=no; Units default to yes, others default to no
Image=DRON
RequiredHouses=Russians

Weapon
Code:
DroneJump2]
Damage=1
ROF=3
Range=1.83
Projectile=JUMP
Speed=30
Warhead=ParasiteSpy
LimboLaunch=yes ; Limbo shooter at launch (one shot or become the bullet)
Report=TerrorDroneAttack
PenetratesBunker=yes;If shot at a bunkered tank, no means the bunker gets the damage, yes means the unit does
;In Terror Drone case, it just handles the bad case where a TD'd guy makes it into a bunker.
FireInTransport=no;can't fire out of the BattleFortress
RevealOnFire=yes
Camera=yes
DecloakToFire=no

Warhead
Code:
[ParasiteSpy]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
Parasite=yes
InfDeath=1
Rocker=no

No changes to the rest
I don't think that it's possible to make a spy drone thingy, the Spy Plane works by having the Special call on the type of SpyPlane, as the camera weapon doesn't have any special statements, but I could be wrong.
Code:
[SpyCameraWeapon]
Damage=6;range of shroud to reveal
Range=20;how far away to start revealing
Burst=1
Projectile=InvisibleHigh
Warhead=DummyWarhead
Report=SpyPlaneSnapshot
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
So it isn't possible...
You could, of course, always resort to such tricks as having the spy drone spawn an invisible unit, have that reveal the shadow, and then have it automatically kill itself...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
snyeh. Would the Cabal Grappler (http://graveyards.cncguild.net/style.php...l#TibSunDl) be as impossible?
The Limpet Mine logic isn't present in RA2/YR.
(20.05.2007, 14:02:51)Renegade Wrote: You could, of course, always resort to such tricks as having the spy drone spawn an invisible unit, have that reveal the shadow, and then have it automatically kill itself...

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but I would like to create a spy drone like covie suggested.
Obviously the parasite logic alone won't reveal anything.

How did you imagine this to work, Renegade? Can a weapon have both Warhead=Parasite and Spawner=yes?
In theory, I guess so - practically, I was not specifically thinking of something like that, but more of something like the MakeInfantry logic. The first thing to test, though, would be whether RevealOnFire is of any help.

When using MakeInfantry, make sure you use an InfDeath that actually converts ownership.
But yeah, if you don't want to sacrifice one of those, and RevealOnFire doesn't help, try spawning like on the Aircraft Carrier, spawning only one invisible Aircrafttype. (Preferably Insignificant or DontScore, and killing itself after a certain amount of time - if it reveals the map immediately after being spawned, just give it Strength=1, no DeathWeapon damage [DeathWeaponDamageModifier], and have it kill itself immediately on the first shot.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.