Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R:ROTC v0.4.2.0.8 released for public beta testing
Something a lot of people have been waiting for is a new public release of Revolution:Retaliation of the Civilians. This version (0.4.2.0.8 ) includes almost complete VXL renormalisation, another bunch of cameos, and a complete rules re-write, not to mention tweaks and bug fixes, and a new secret lab unit, the Contagion, also proper functionanal Ice radiation and Residule flames, with immunities.

updates from 0.4.2.0.7 include almost complete VXL re-normalisation and rules optimasation.

hopefully this will be the final version before 0.4.2.1, infact, maybe due to a small bit of optimism, i accidently made the installer call this version 0.4.2.1.

anyway, i need someone to tell me what happens when they try to install it on TFD, i've been hacking and modding the same installer script for a very long time. i know it has YR/TFD detection, but, not sure exactly what it does. requires the latest (to date) version of Rockpatch CE(74), which is included in my installer.

EDIT: new revision and download link: http://cnc2.cncguild.net/Files/Mod/RROTC04208r1.EXE
see comments for changes.
Was the re-normalisation done by hand, by standard VXL Edit, or by Banshee's very recent work?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
mostly banshee's recent work, with a few manual tweaks. most of the re-normalised VXLs were originally autonormalised in the past anyway.
yes, I download it Smile

My comments:
1)Your AI is shit aganist air attack.
you should add special teams, which will protect the base.
2)You load screen is rather strange.
3)I found an error in your RULESMD.INI
Code:
[Sides]
FourthSide=CDA,CivicRepublic

[CDA]
UIName=Name:CDA
Name=CDA
Suffix=CDA
Prefix=T
Color=Yellow
Multiplay=yes
Side=ForthSide
SmartAI=yes

what is ForthSide?

I will post another comments later.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

1. i know my AI is shit.
2. we planning on a new 1.
3. thanks for that report, looks like a really old bug.

also, since you've been snooping around in my rules, why don't you try activating some of the inactive code? (most are listed but commented out in the [buildingtypes][unittypes]and [infantrytypes] lists, and might require a tweak to the prerequisite and owner tags, would take a lot of work to fully activate all 8 sides, so, just stick to adding the battle type units and infantry to the existing 4 sides(and not things like MCVs, and war factories.), theres also a lot of secret/hidden units, which plan to be on 1 of the 5th through 8th sides in the next version, most are obtained via the secret lab.)

full list includes: FBALLER, LNGREN, HIPPO, FBTNK, ETNK, VTNK, 6TNKP(its a copy of 6TNK without AA missiles), EALPIL, EALSAM, VATTUR, PAGNTC

and some which are in the game, but as secret/hidden units: PBRUTE, YURIX(Modified for 7th side), VLAD(no way to actually get it, but its re-vamped for the 6th side), EAECET, COTNK, TESPOC, PRSMTROP, LUNR(i don't think it's changed, but, it goes on 5th side as a prism rocketeer)

there are plans for even more units and stuff in the next version of the mod, with 8 sides. but, i thought i should finish this version before i write the next 1 Tongue

OOOH, place a CABRCK on a map(i need to add more maps with this, i have 1, but its not released with R:ROTC), and if you capture it, you can build medics(aswell as some paratroopers(better conscripts), and generic engineers(costs 400 with no special ability, the 4 sides engineers have special abilities, allies: stealth detection, soviets: hijack, yuri: psi-pulse deploy, CDA: swimming)).
also I had one game freeze.

Quote:also, since you've been snooping around in my rules, why don't you try activating some of the inactive code?
because I look into your rules with one idea.

Also black country color is shit.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Black actually looks quite good in YR, the only problem I see is when game text is shown, such as 'Low Power', you can't see it.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
its not true black, a dark grey of 75 or 80 i think.

also, i posted the information to make it easier incase anyone wanted to try activate the hidden/unused codes. i bet most people never knew it was even there.
hmmm...

someone try "The Director" (CDA Advanced hero) and "Boris" Vs Buildings for me
I am not at home now, but I remember when I have tested it, I have one IE when I build hero and attack target.
Also I have on game freeeeeeeze.

I will look at home again.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i think i've fixed the hero units.

could the game freeze be 74 units problem? that will happen if you are using CE#52 and own all 4 sides Tongue(which is why i include both CE#52 and CE74#106)
if it isn't, let me know if you find out anything else.

the 16-bit SHP looks gastly on windows 98 Oops I'll have to do a few more tests to see if its a windows problem, or a corrupt SHP in the installer.
some errors were reported for 0.4.2.0.8, These include:
1. the installer getting stuck in a loop on TFD - i deleted the TFD Dialogue loop, it didn't really do anything anyway.
2. Bag Builder complaining of not finding MSVCP60.DLL - i added an install option to install MSVCP60.DLL to the RA2 folder.
3. The Director's anti tank/building weapon, and Boris's Cluster weapon caused IE - Fixed the placeholder unit.

a new 0.4.2.0.8r1 installer is up for download here: http://cnc2.cncguild.net/Files/Mod/RROTC04208r1.EXE
At first, SHP16 only for testing - don't use it in mods.
Quote:the 16-bit SHP looks gastly on windows 98  I'll have to do a few more tests to see if its a windows problem, or a corrupt SHP in the installer.
5-5-5-1

Quote:could the game freeze be 74 units problem? that will happen if you are using CE#52 and own all 4 sides (which is why i include both CE#52 and CE74#106)
if it isn't, let me know if you find out anything else.
possible, because I use RP 1.10 and your mod isn't "100% compatible" with it.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Now your own backwards compatibility failings are coming back to haunt you.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:Now your own backwards compatibility failings are coming back to haunt you.
No Smile
Since this IE had happen, I have no IE.

BTW What is Allied Radio Engineer? why radio?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!