Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread
I don't know what's worse...that you apparently ignored this entire thread...or that you ignored VK saying "So don't worry about this stupid page...".

The page is history, okay? It doesn't matter anymore. VK parted ways with ModEnc. So unless you can prove you're an official spokesperson of my host, quit annoying me with commands to remove stuff.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Agreed, Ren. I think that all this craziness over the page is madness, but Ren's page is much easier to understand.

@Guest: Er, you don't stand for the voice for the community, so silence. If anything at all, Ren would be a major influence on the community as he hosts the now on hold RP and is in charge at ModEnc, along with others.

If the RP is put on hold until CnCVK quits working on it and we have to find a new guy, then so be it. We'd rather have someone willing to work with us and slowly work on the patch with less skill than someone who ignores our ideas and has better skills.
VK Wrote:We don't need the second copy of this
Technically, yours is the second copy. ModEnc's version was around long before your version of the offline help came to be.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote: yours is the second copy.
No. When I developing the patch, I make documentation for it.
later, I wasted my time by copying data from my help to ModEnc.

Quote: your version of the offline help came to be.
This is no longer "offline help" - now this is Rock Patch Documentation the part of RP MDK
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Just ignore those damn ModEnc site and work on the patch again.
Why do you suspend Rockpatch progress for a little thing?
He has now proceeded to ignore ModEnc, claiming that it's all 'incorrect', but for some reason he's still not working on the patch. Maybe he is though and just hasn't told us yet.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
TheMan Wrote:Just ignore those damn ModEnc site and work on the patch again.
Why do you suspend Rockpatch progress for a little thing?
Your power to ignore other people's posts is amazing...
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Hey, King Ren
Why you replace my text on Help page to your's text?
Quote:The C&C Modding Encyclopedia has cooperated with pd and RockPatch for a long period of time, with great success, and to mutual pleasure. Unfortunately, this good working relationship did not persist when CnCVK took over. For this reason, VK recently declared all RockPatch documentation on ModEnc unofficial.

We will try our best to keep the pages in this section as up-to-date as possible, but due to VK's coding and documentation style (which were the reason for this break), this might not always we possible. The sole official, correct, up-to-date documentation can be obtained through Rock The Battlefield.
this simple must be: ModEnc since RP 1.10 is not official Rock Patch Documentation.

No!
King Ren replace the text.
Nobody needs to read why ModEnc isn't more official documetation
the history and your ideas about me.
No
Only one line: "ModEnc isn't more official RockPatch documetation
Download RP 1.10 MDK here".
This is very clear, small and good without your lie,  isn't it?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

let me put it this way.

modenc is renegade's site
it is a wiki so ANYONE can edit it.
it speaks the truth, why change it to non-descript? it is non-sensical! it defies the very purpose of a wiki "Provide ALL information"
Hmm...it might help if you actually read revision comments if you have questions about revisions Rolling eyes
Renegade Wrote:Unofficial pages cannot make official announcements.

Once more, it's VK vs. reality. So tell me, my Lord: Where are the lies?
You officially declared RockPatch Docs unofficial. Therefore, all pages in the RockPatch Docs are normal ModEnc pages and have no special connection to RockPatch, and you have no special power over them. As such, RockPatch Docs:Main of course cannot boast an official RockPatch notice - if there were official notices on RPD:M, it wouldn't be unofficial now, would it?

RPD:M's status on ModEnc changed, so there is an official ModEnc notice stating it has no connection to RP anymore. That is absolutely normal and nothing "evil" or "king-like" at all.

Once again, where are the lies? Your version says: " This Documentation is OBSOLETE, DEPRECATED, NON-OFFICIAL."; my version says (partly in bold, nonetheless): "[...] VK recently declared all RockPatch documentation on ModEnc unofficial. [...] The sole official, correct, up-to-date documentation can be obtained through Rock The Battlefield.".
So, where is the lie? Did you not declare all RockPatch documentation on ModEnc unofficial? Is RockPatch's page not the only official source for RockPatch documentation now?

So, Mr. Libel in Person...I'm waiting? Where are the lies?

Edit: How dare you interrupting my line of post, Bob?! Wink Tongue
Forum Rules

Much of the documentation for all the C&C games on modenc isn't official documentation, I fail to see how the rock patch specific documentation being unofficial will have any effect on modenc being THE premiere source of information regarding code behaviour and tag effects at all. VK, I also don't see why a less descriptive and informative bit of text regarding the unofficial nature of the rockpatch specific documentation on modenc is better than a more descriptive and informative piece. You've made it clear you are not willing to work within the wiki guidelines for resolving disputes over the content of a page and that you will not reach a compromise on the content when you are forced to negotiate so stop concerning yourself with what modenc says or doesn't. Unless it is blatantly incorrect, a violation of copyright or libellous its no longer anything to do with what you are doing by your own choice.
1)
Quote:The C&C Modding Encyclopedia has cooperated with pd and RockPatch for a long period of time, with great success, and to mutual pleasure. Unfortunately, this good working relationship did not persist when CnCVK took over. For this reason, VK recently declared all RockPatch documentation on ModEnc unofficial.
"For this reson" - You read memory from my brain?
I have never write this.
Just No-Longer-Officail with No-Resons, isn't it?.
2)
Quote:but due to VK's coding and documentation style (which were the reason for this break), this might not always we possible.
However PD changed different features in RP too.
"which were the reason for this break"
I have never write this.

And why this shit here, the best place for it - this page
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockPatch:Main
or in the talk page.

Also you forgot to change the links on the RTB Web-Site.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:And why this shit here, the best place for it - this page http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockPatch:Main or in the talk page.
Who put it on the page where it is now? Why it was you! Giggle (Say hi to the newest smiley, Mr Colon teehee Colon.)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
CnCVK Wrote:1) [...]
"For this reson" - You read memory from my brain?
I have never write this.
Are you saying you'd still have declared all RockPatch Docs unofficial if the versions page had never exist, and we've never clashed because of it? That's a lie, and you know it. We didn't get along, you didn't like that I didn't bow to your demands, so you just disconnected from ModEnc. My phrasing disguises that. If you want me to write "because VK couldn't handle the fact that he doesn't control my webspace" instead, I can do that. Just say it. Just don't complain about it afterwards.

CnCVK Wrote:2)[...]
However PD changed different features in RP too.
That is immaterial to that statement. It merely expresses that pd and ModEnc got along well, and you and ModEnc didn't.

CnCVK Wrote:"which were the reason for this break"
I have never write this.
No you didn't write it - it's a disguise for "VK's stupid versioning scheme forced me to write an explanation page, and he didn't like that.". Again, I can change it to that, if you wish, but I thought merely stating that our working relationship wasn't as good as before would be nicer, and less offensive to all sides.

CnCVK Wrote:And why this shit here, the best place for it - this page
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockPatch:Main
or in the talk page.
Since you say RP:Main is still official, nothing's speaking against linking to the help files there.

Just note that ModEnc pages are supposed to look good. If you just paste the url in the middle of the page, you're begging for somebody to move it all the way down to the "See also" section.
If you are unable of styling it "correctly", paste the url and say so in the revision comment. I'll transform it into something "prettier".

CnCVK Wrote:Also you forgot to change the links on the RTB Web-Site.
Do I look like your personal web-peon? You said ModEnc's docs aren't official anymore, so I updated ModEnc to say that. RTB is your responsibility.

Like I go around and change your site, after you decided to make the change necessary...Wtf (disbelieving)

(Not to mention that you'd be up ten minutes later posting "KING REN CHANGED MY SITE!!! HOW DARE HE!!!". Rolling eyes )
Forum Rules

I am a little bit confused here.
VK said he have ignored modenc. So why is the patch still suspended?
What do you want VK? Please work on the patch again. A big project should not get suspended for such long time.