Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread
Truly, who gives a damn about the versions, as long as RP is alive and progressing, I'm happy. But I don't know about the community.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Renegade Wrote:Unfortunately, in this situation, it is out of the question - because VK is holding RP hostage. It wouldn't matter what people really think - they'd vote for VK's version, just to get him to resume development of 1.10.

You both must agree to this, or the patch will be suspended for another weeks.
If Ren get most votes, VKs page must get removed.
If VK get most votes, Rens page must get removed.
I wish pd would come back to coding rock patch. Then we wouldn't have all these annoying issues.
TheMan Wrote:
Renegade Wrote:Unfortunately, in this situation, it is out of the question - because VK is holding RP hostage. It wouldn't matter what people really think - they'd vote for VK's version, just to get him to resume development of 1.10.

You both must agree to this, or the patch will be suspended for another weeks.
If Ren get most votes, VKs page must get removed.
If VK get most votes, Rens page must get removed.
Err, dude...what exactly is the point behind quoting me saying why there will be no vote, pointing out its pointlessness, only to then try to set the ground rules for a vote? Lift eyebrow

There is no use for a vote, because there will be no independent voters. It'd be like voting in Cuba. VK would win just like Castro gets 99% approval each time.

If VK continues with 1.10 no matter what, so there is no pressure on the voters, and everybody can express his opinion freely, and people then decide the current version sucks, and VK's version owned, so be it. The page would be back as usual, so it'd be normal editorial procedure. But the page will not be killed just because VK puts a gun at RockPatch's head.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
i don't really want to pick sides (ren is "GOD", VK codes rockpatch). but, i think ren is correct, what is wrong with the page?

VK, tell me, what is wrong with the page? it provides accurate information.

most of the top part makes no sence, and is a repeat of the status page, but everything under "Current → Traditional Version Mapping" looks fine to me. (except Hells Edition and Summer Edition, stick to numbers, not names.) maybe a number translation isn't needed, but, whats wrong with calling RPCE 1.09? numbers are more descriptive of order than names. as said before, which is the key to the whole argument, you have to research RPCE to find out if its newer or older than RP1.08
Do my posts even show up? Anyway, I'm just trying to pour water on the fire, but it looks like the argument is fueled by a methane and malodour factory inferno generated by the RP versions page. Why do you need the versions page, it clearly states on RockPatch:Main:
Quote:The current RockPatch version is CE
People only care about the features, and the tutorials say which version of RP is minimally required for the correct operation of the feature, so end the damn discussion. And as for Launch Base, try this: map every name version ahead and release updates when new names are planned, unless VK get's a sudden change of heart.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
There is no way on Earth I am releasing a new version of Launch Base just to support each new RP version name. The RP-Gen program that CnCVK is using will provide a number of the form A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H........
CnCVK can put in there whatever he likes as long as it is a number or a floating point - Launch Base will display the RP as "Rock Patch WhateverHeLikes Edition", but regardless of the name all versions are considered to be THE RockPatch, and Launch Base will determine what version is installed based on this number. I have asked CncVK to make this number unique for every new release, as Launch Base will use this number to determine if a version is high enough for a mod that requires it. Mod authors will have to use this number in order to specify the minium version of RP required for their mod.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Quote:Mod authors will have to use this number in order to specify the minium version of RP required for their mod.
Therefore there should be a number translation page, otherwise how are mod authors going to know what number corresponds to RPCE, what number corresponds to Summer Edition, etc.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Marshall Wrote:There is no way on Earth I am releasing a new version of Launch Base just to support each new RP version name. The RP-Gen program that CnCVK is using will provide a number of the form A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H........
CnCVK can put in there whatever he likes as long as it is a number or a floating point - Launch Base will display the RP as "Rock Patch WhateverHeLikes Edition", but regardless of the name all versions are considered to be THE RockPatch, and Launch Base will determine what version is installed based on this number. I have asked CncVK to make this number unique for every new release, as Launch Base will use this number to determine if a version is high enough for a mod that requires it. Mod authors will have to use this number in order to specify the minium version of RP required for their mod.

VK has already made it clear that you need the EXACT version, since they are not backwards compatible.
Nighthawk200 Wrote:
Quote:Mod authors will have to use this number in order to specify the minium version of RP required for their mod.
Therefore there should be a number translation page, otherwise how are mod authors going to know what number corresponds to RPCE, what number corresponds to Summer Edition, etc.
That sounds like RP:Versions needs a new section...

Oh, wait...the system is "clear and right", right? Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I was kind of hoping VK's numbers would be somewhat the same as what you have up on the page at the minute, but somehow I'm doubting that. Something like 1.2.3.4.5.60407 is coming to mind.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
I agree with Ren, the system isn't quite clear.
Quote:VK, tell me, what is wrong with the page? it provides accurate information.
now, nothing wrong,
only one is wrong: King Ren deleted my page.

Quote:which version of RP is minimally required for the correct operation of the feature
no. I prefer help-about-current-version-else-find-older-help.

Doesn't matter more: All information in ModEnc about RP, except Status, WishList, VoteList is declared incorrect and must be deleted.

My RP Help included all about RP.
We don't need the second copy of this LOL
Don't waste your time to read/update/improve ModEnc RP help.
If you want help to make better help, ask me and I will include your work into RP MDK + Copyrights in MDK about page.

So don't worry about this stupid page...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:now, nothing wrong,
only one is wrong: King Ren deleted my page.
Really? I thought it was right here? But since you're wrong about my royal status as well, your mistake isn't surprising.

CnCVK Wrote:[...]

Doesn't matter more: All information in ModEnc about RP, except Status, WishList, VoteList is declared incorrect and must be deleted.

[...]

So don't worry about this stupid page...
Hehehe. Sucks if the peon doesn't bow, eh?

One thing, though: You cannot "declare something incorrect". Sure, you might go and say "that is incorrect", but mostly, your personal opinion about any given fact's correctness is pretty much irrelevant for reality. Something is incorrect when it's incorrect, not when The Lord VK decides it's incorrect.

As for having to delete stuff, I think we've been over that topic before. I don't have to delete anything just because you say so. Sure, with your coding style, everything will be outdated by tomorrow anyway, and then it'll be removed (if nobody updates it)...but as long as pages are correct (which depends on comparison reality vs. page, not page vs. VK's opinion), I see no reason to take them down. If you wanna speed up the process, just rename another dozen flags...that should invalidate the pages quickly. Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

SHIT! RP have ben suspended for so long time, 1.10 could have almost be finished.

Please please just REMOVE THE VERSION TAB AT MODENC!
Remove it all, both. No one reads it anyway. It looks like none of you listen to the communeti(or how to spell it)).
Right?
Remove.