Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread
i thought it was because he created his page?

and your page wasn't accurate anyway.(and basicly a repeat of the worste parts of the status page)

infact, with the status page listing all changes in order, why do we even need a versions page?
A while ago Renegade said:
Renegade Wrote:Maybe you should just recruit some kind of "ModEnc-attaché".
Someone you give the raw information, who then handles all the ModEnc updating.
That way, information is still available online quickly, easily updatable, and you wouldn't have to deal with...?
And I replied:
I Wrote:I could do that, since there's not much else for me to do on ModEnc now the INI tags are finished. Though I wouldn't be able to start until the 15th of June, when my GCSEs will be over and I'll be back to having free time again.

But it seems I have a lot more free time than I thought I would originally have. If you want me to start doing this now, sign me up Smile.

Edit: typo
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:I could do that, since there's not much else for me to do on ModEnc now the INI tags are finished. Though I wouldn't be able to start until the 15th of June, when my GCSEs will be over and I'll be back to having free time again.
too later... I ask about it four months before.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

But then look at what I said in my above post:
The post directly above yours Wrote:But it seems I have a lot more free time than I thought I would originally have. If you want me to start doing this now, sign me up .
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
I have read the "1.10 development thread" and I saw your reasons for suspending the development of 1.10. This is the most incredibly ridiculous and immature reason for "suspending" that I can think of. WHY DOES THAT VERSIONS PAGE MATTER TO YOU SO MUCH???Renegade himself stated that that page was in no way official, and that it was just there to help newbies to RockPatch figure out which one to download. You could just ignore Ren's section of that page, and continue. But you continue to insist that your numbering scheme is "very clear and right" and that Renegade has removed official information that you had on the page that you created. If your numbering scheme was so "very clear and right" as you claim, I doubt that Renegade would have needed to map your weird naming scheme to arbitrary numbers.

Administrative Notice:

Post above split from RPCE #0052 & RPCE74 #0106 thread.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
The guest have a very good point.
I have always supporting VK but not anymore.
How do Rens version page effect you? Does it give you nightmares?
And now the people start to see the truth to all this...
As it was once said in a Sherlock Holmes book:
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Wrote:...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
Quote:But then look at what I said in my above post:
nothing bad here, I only write, that when I will need your help, I will ask you about it Smile

Quote:WHY DOES THAT VERSIONS PAGE MATTER TO YOU SO MUCH???
Because someone, who don't do anything for RP (except hosting),
start to offend me by creating different stupid pages and mark it as offical and then (!)don't allow me to show right information about my project. (He merge my page with his page).

BTW Probably, I found one solution...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

BTW This a first good news for last month Smile
CnCVK Wrote:[...]
Because someone, who don't do anything for RP (except hosting), [...]
Err, excuse me? I did a lot around RP while pd was around. It's just that you don't cooperate. You seek no cooperation. You vanish for a week, release your revision, and then are gone again. Every few revisions you release a new offline help, and that's it. There is no way to help you, 'cause you don't work with the community.

So stfu I'm not helping. Half the people offered help. Nighthawk offered help on this very page and you didn't want it. (Only now, when you needed it to look like I'm the bad one, you backpaddled and took him up on his offer.)

Quit blaming the community for your faults.

CnCVK Wrote:[...]
start to offend me by creating different stupid pages and mark it as offical and then (!)don't allow me to show right information about my project. (He merge my page with his page).
Lies, pure lies. And whoever followed the thread will recognize that immediately.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
[/quote]
Quote: you didn't want it.
I said: later, because now I don't need it.

Quote:Lies, pure lies. And whoever followed the thread will recognize that immediately.
in your opinion...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

How about make a poll witch one is the best one, VKs or Ren.
The one with most votes will be used and other deleted.
Usually, that would be the exact way (albeit it'd be a discussion on ModEnc, not a poll here).

Unfortunately, in this situation, it is out of the question - because VK is holding RP hostage. It wouldn't matter what people really think - they'd vote for VK's version, just to get him to resume development of 1.10.
Forum Rules

so why not just do it?