Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn again, RPCE #0051 released.
Rock Patch Celebration Edition #0051
As always, after releasing RPCE, someone find a error.
With Nuke SW again; NukeTakeOff don't work at all.
then I found another bug:
if you or AI launched Nuke missile and you exit the game,
you can have a IE during load screen.  

Fortunately, I didn't start coding RP 1.10 yet Smile
So I fix this error.
Download here:
http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Rock%2...E_0051.exe
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Well, atleast you fixed it. I hadn't even noticed this bug. Hmm. Good luck with 1.10 anyways.
hopefully, you will see the reasonableness of what everyone is saying, and revert to the old (better) numbering scheme. It's kind of annoying to everybody when you come up with a number scheme that newcomers might not understand, and then use excuses like "I am the current developer of the patch, so I get to do what I like."
Quote:hopefully, you will see the reasonableness of what everyone is saying, and revert to the old (better) numbering scheme. It's kind of annoying to everybody when you come up with a number scheme that newcomers might not understand, and then use excuses like "I am the current developer of the patch, so I get to do what I like."
No. I already done this, I like this and I won't change it.
If you don't like it, use RP 1.08 SE Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:No. I already done this, I like this and I won't change it.
That's the problem, you like it, the majority of us don't. It's like taking a mod which had a good name, then calling it something like Namby Pamby Attack of the Pink Pretty Fairies.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:That's the problem, you like it, the majority of us don't.
Sorry, but this isn't interesting me at all Smile
I am really working on it, spend a lot of time,
and I WILL select name, which I want, not you want, because this is my terrible work.

BTW, I don't ask why you called your mod "...", not Mod 723 Big Grin
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

What you don't seem to get is that there's a functional difference between an name and a version number. If you asked me "Why do you name your mod '...' and not 'Mod723'?", I could just say "because it's my mod and I like 'Mod723' better!". That's a perfectly reasonable answer. Obscuring the version "numbers", on the other hand, is not reasonable, at all. There is a big difference between insisting on naming your "own" project, and insisting to be the only programming project on the entire planet that had several major releases without an increase of the version number.
Even fucking Windows XP got "SP2" when they reached gold with it.

But noooo, Mr. VK insists on 1.08, 1.08++, no version, no version, 1.10. If you want to give it wacky names, fine. So be it. Know that the entire community hates it, but do what you have to do. But give them fucking consecutive version numbers.

On the same note, I'll compile a dictionary right now, mapping RockPatch releases to arbitrary numbers. If you don't want to decide which version something is, I'll do it. If you release version numbers, fine. If you don't, I'll just pick one. At least people will know what's current then.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
rockpatch=modname
RPCE=version NUMBER!

eg
R:ROTC 0.4.2.0.7r1
Whiteboy rules v1.5
and so on

what sort of number is "Celebration Edition"?
What sort of number is "XP" or "Vista"? Leave VK alone, he's obviously just reusing the best ideas Microsoft had. </sarcasm>
Yes, I know XP does have an internal version number, 6.* .

Besides, you've been trying to reason with him for how long now? A month, two, six? It just won't work. Save your energy.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Done.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:Yes, I know XP does have an internal version number, 6.* .
Big Grin no
Windows XP Pro & Home- Windows NT 5.1.
Windows XP x64 - Windows NT 5.2.
Windowws Vista - Windows NT 6.0.
Quote: It just won't work. Save your energy.
I already said that this thing I won't change.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Yes, I know. Call it brain fart.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
How this should be:
Part from RP 1.10 Help.

Attached Files
.htm   Less than 1 minute ago">RockPatch_Docs_Versions.htm (Size: 4.16 KB / Downloads: 549)
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

ZOMFG, firefox opened that in internet explorer!