Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote:Why not create a page which will show version history for people by youself,
Renegade? and give a link to it right on the main page.
I have the same idea and I will do it.

Quote:Oh, and in case your brain decides to not accept the plain and simple truth,
let me tell you this, too: I CAN'T. Again, due to the fucked up numbering scheme - because Mr.
VK never fails to remind us that none of all this is 1.09, now 1.10, I don't know.
I can't say RPCE is 1.09, because, back then, he insisted it wasn't.
I can't say 1.08 SE is 1.09, because he's previewing 1.10 now, which implies RPCE in fact is 1.09,
and RPCE74 is 1.09b. Basically, there is 1.08, there is 1.10,
and there are 3 major versions with dozens of minor versions in between, out of which none is 1.09.
But hey, it's all so simple, so easy, and a simple translation page will fix it all, right?
I write it again:
Since RPCE, Rock Patch project use two version format.
1)String format
string format have short version
examples:
"Celebration Edition" - CE
"Celebration Edition 74" - CE74
"zzzzz" - can be ZZ

2)Number/Integer format
for internal using (in installers, other tools which check RP version)
it consist from a.b.c, where a,b,c - numbers, c is revision number

Because you always see string version, it isn't important for you.

so RP 1.10 will be:
1)String version
Full: "1.10"
Short: "1.10"
2)Integer format:
1.10.####

so 1.10 is string, not more.

BTW, If any bitch don't like this, he can return to use terrible RP 1.08 Big Grin

I don't see anything bad here:
1)Modders should include RP installer into mod's package.
2)You can ask on forums about RP version.
3)You can look into RP versions line:
4)You can download Rock Patch MDK (or separately help and tools for older versions)
and create your mod using it.
Example:
You use RP 1.10 MDK, it include help and another tools (like PNG -> SHP16).
You create a mod. Release it. Mod's package include RP 1.10 installer.

When someone install your mod, he install RP 1.10 too, even if he have RP 1.12 installed.
All fine.

Someone who install your mod can simple know nothing about RP version at all.
And you can simple know nothing about RP version at all.

Good idea, isn't it?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Yeah, it sounds nice, I have to agree. But why not use an even simpler system? Come on, you're waisting time on these numbers - keep it as simple as possible mate, please.
CnCVK Wrote:I write it again:
Since RPCE, Rock Patch project use two version format.
1)String format
string format have short version
examples:
"Celebration Edition" - CE
"Celebration Edition 74" - CE74
"zzzzz" - can be ZZ

2)Number/Integer format
for internal using (in installers, other tools which check RP version)
it consist from a.b.c, where a,b,c - numbers, c is revision number

Because you always see string version, it isn't important for you.
Is there a kind of mental blockade that prevents you from understanding what I say?
I say: "This is everything that's bad about the numbering scheme." and you reply with "If you don't get it, I'll explain it again." and explain the very same numbering scheme again. Rolling eyes

I know how your numbering scheme "works". It just sucks. The problem is not understanding that there are no openly visible version numbers, the problem is that there are no openly visible version numbers. Is that so hard to understand?

Simple question - should be eligible for a very simple answer: How is your series of SE, CE, CE74 better than a normal numbering scheme?
And don't give me your stupid cop outs now. No shit like "you can always use something else" or "because I say so". A simple explanation. How is that versioning scheme in any way better?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
ok, newcommer to the scene sees these in this order, RPCE74, PRCE, RP1.08SE, which comes first? they dunno.

example, you see a program with version names such as "Holly", "Gonzo", "Sacro", which comes first? i know the order, the order is documented around the place, but looking at this, you wouldn't have any idea that the current release is Sacro, Holly was never released, and Gonzo is the latest version. you might think Gonzo was before Sacro? and whats this Holly? After Gonzo because H comes after G? (there is no such thing as Holly, Gonzo and Sacro, its something i made up to prove this point)
Gentlemen, gentlemen...you've run into a brick wall here...it seems apparent that CnCVK is NOT changing his numbering scheme...accept it, life goes on...go play outside or something
Outside has too many n00bs.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
My reply to this has been rather overdue:
Quote:BTW, If any bitch don't like this, he can return to use terrible RP 1.08
Believe me, if I didn't rely on several features in the more recent versions, I would have reverted to 1.07b quite a while ago, or possibly even have stopped using the patch. And don't call us bitches for not liking your annoying alterations to something that wasn't flawed to begin with. You say that almost as if you're some kind of gangland leader, like "If any bitch don't like my rules, he can just fuck off out the door, or I pop a cap in his ass,"
Quote:It the same, if I ask you why you called your mod so, but not zzzzzzz
Did you not see though that this 'mod' already had a name. If I were to analogise this, it's like someone joins a modding team working on a mod, then the leader decides he's done with modding and puts that person in charge, then the person completely changes the mod, renames it, changes its storyline, its concept, then it's not the same mod anymore, it's something completely different, and so isn't the same as what it was originally envisioned as.

Edit: technically it wasn't 'your' mod when you arrived, it was pd's.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.