Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE Final revision & RPCE74 #0102
Firstly, i think we should have a version with fully functional 4th side before we try and make a 5th side.

tmapm Wrote:[Sides]
MyNewSide=SomeNewCountry

[MyNewSide]
BaseUnit=MSMCV      
PowerPlant=...         ; For AI
BaseDefenses=...     ; For AI
BaseDefenseCounts=25,22,6
Load=200,160,175    ; Color for Loading Screen
SurvivorDivisor=[number] ;currently, this is only known to allow one survivor, for whatever reason
Crew=[InfantryType] ;works, but see note at survivor divisor
Disguise=[InfantryType]
ParaDropNum=[list of numbers]
ParaDropInf=[list of InfantryType]
;AIBasePlanningSide=3 it is 4th in the list, we start counting from 0...

In Eva add MyNewSide=[soundfile] under whatever entry you have eva voices for.

this is a bit like what i wrote years ago, this link was titled "PD's Plans" http://bobingabout.gamemod.net/bobstemps...idesv4.txt
BaseUnit wouldn't be needed in here because it is assigned via the countries that exist on the Owner= tag of a unit on the [General] BaseUnit= tag.
AIBasePlanningSide= wouldn't be needed here because the number is assigned by the order of the countries in the list.
for the colour, you'd be better off with something like LoadingScreenTextColor=CDALoad ;colour name from [Colors] list
theres more in my list, but i lack gates.

a special note should be added for "SeperateRadarPallete=yes ;you know what this is PD"
PD might have known what it was back then, but in all likelyhood, he can't remember, and nobody else eer knew what it was. you know how
sidec03.mix has radary.pal for yuri's radar, well, this was a tag to make it read a seperate pallete for the radar, to allow the rest of the GUI to use a pallete more defined for its colours, instead of being restricted because of the animations colours. this might be solved with a 16-bit SHP, but can't be solved with the palette= tag, because there is no section to add it to. and you can't create a section, because the name is identicle for the same SHP on every side.
Why do I get the feeling VK is going to reply with large text saying he is not doing 5th side support in 1.10 Unhappy (headshaking)

Edit: Good ideas nonetheless.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
However here RPCE #0050 final revision discussion.
It's too early to discuss anything from RP 1.11, RP 1.12, RPHE...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

RPHE? Hows about RPDDOMGNOWAI for better understanding?
El D34dlyto Wrote:RPDDOMGNOWAI
thats just... horrible...
Rock Patch Proper Numerical Version Name Edition

RPPNVNE, a.k.a RP 1.10 Tongue
[Image: hiatus.png]
What is HE? Hyper Edition? Halitosis Exposed? Highly Explosive? Helium? Higher Education?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
RPHE - Rock Patch Hell's Edition
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:*-OUTMISSINGSTRS new command line switch

What the hell is the damn point of this?
You can simply use -log, the log file lists all of the missing strings just as well...

And releasing two RP versions at the same time might be one of the dumbest move ever.
Especially if you excuse bugs with "use the other version" (see here).

Really, it's getting worse and worse here...
[Image: jsfml.png]
Quote:You can simply use -log, the log file lists all of the missing strings just as well...
No. You need spend  a lot of time, while you find all missing strings in 10000 lines...
Also the output format can be sorted; you can't sort log file.
Quote:And releasing two RP versions at the same time might be one of the dumbest move ever.
I didn't release two versions at the same time -
I have released RPCE74 #0102
and declare RPCE #0050 as official final RPCE?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i knew i'd seen a list of missing strings before, lol, it was in my log file.

oh, and actually, RPCE #0050 is a stable, where RPCE74#0102 is an unstable beta, released after RPCE#0050, not at the same time. so, VK is asking if the same error happens in the stable. basicly, this is what we were asking him to do. its a natural and common bug busting procedure.

an example is OpenTTD, they have "Nightlies" which are nightly updates. when someone reports a bug, they ask you to go backwards through the nightlies untill you find a version where it worked, so they can more easily pinpoint any change that caused the bug. sometimes people have to go backwards several hundred revisions (10 to 20 nightlies usually). but keep in mind OTTD posts on average 10 revisions a day. so, if they pinpoint a nightly, then the devs might have to search through 10, upto 20 revivions if it was a busy day, manually to find a cause.
I love looking at these forums seeing people damn complaining. Hell yeah. xD

Anyway, keep up your work VK. It's only thing keeping my modding alive. Wink