Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE74 beta version - only for testing
Quote:AND YOU.. You should not come to this forum. You never say anything good or help RP, just complaning, if you dont like VK or patch go away.
It's constructive criticism. How else is something meant to move forwards if the flaws and problems aren't exposed?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
What is constructive (or correct, for that matter) about "Your a n00b"?

I have no problem eliminating actual n00bs from our ranks, but I see nothing in IcySon's posts suggesting latent n00bism. On the contrary, with his unnecessary aggression and direct attacks, MadHQ is the one on the n00b side at the moment...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
TheMan Wrote:One more thing, plz fix the patcher so it dont get stupid error, when you run it with gamemd.exe in use, you must then reinstall YR to install RP again.
actually, just do what i do, have a backup of the original gamemd.exe somewhere, and if you can't get the RP installer to work, delete "gamemd.1st" if it exists(this is suposed to be a backup of the original exe) and "rockpatch.mix". then try again.
Bobingabout Wrote:
TheMan Wrote:One more thing, plz fix the patcher so it dont get stupid error, when you run it with gamemd.exe in use, you must then reinstall YR to install RP again.
actually, just do what i do, have a backup of the original gamemd.exe somewhere, and if you can't get the RP installer to work, delete "gamemd.1st" if it exists(this is suposed to be a backup of the original exe) and "rockpatch.mix". then try again.
Smile

Nighthawk: I know criticism is good but I have readed his post he dont criticism at all.
Edit: fixed text Smile
I thought you were talking about wthigon. Now I'm confused...
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
However, here not the place where you can offend each other.
Go to Off Topic part of forums and start there.

Quote:VK, could you shed some light onto what exactly this version adds/ changes/ removes ? I don't quite feel like testing the entire game for one feature.
If you don't want test it, you should not write about it at all.
Nobody force you to do this Smile

Quote: I found bugs. I could build 3 diffrence types of Pill boxes with they own images and cameos.
1)Probably this is not a bug:
RPCE74 beta version any building GAPILL* force to read settings from GAPILL section.
so if you put:
Code:
xxx=GAPILL1
xxx=GAPILL2
xxx=GAPILLZZZ
you will have three equal GAPILLs Big Grin

also exist a debug hook on MTNK, E1.

Did someone test my rules?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:RPCE74 beta version any building GAPILL* force to read settings from GAPILL section.
so if you put:
Code:
xxx=GAPILL1
xxx=GAPILL2
xxx=GAPILLZZZ

you will have three equal GAPILLs Big Grin

also exist a debug hook on MTNK, E1.

I did as you said and it fixed the problem. But many othe people may work hours with this unitil they understand that it is a Rock Patch bug. You should fix it.
thats crap, for ages i've been using things like YAREFN2 for a building style yuri refinery, GATECHA for the second battle lab, on each side and more, it will take me absolutly ages to re-name all kinds of things in my mod to fix this problem. wouldn't it be better to have a tag something like "ReadSection=" used like "ReadSection=GAPILL" on "[GAPILL1]" to give modders the option to do what you want, instead of completly fucking up existing mods, such as mine?

EDIT: actually, this might be over reacting a little, but you should really make it optional instead of force these kinds of changes on people.
now that i actually know what this patch is suposed to do (fix the whiteboy bug, and some crappy code replication system) i tried this out last night. in R:ROTC i had 82 units on a tab Tongue
also, #ATECHA seemed to work normally, even tho though #ATECH exists in all 4 cases.

i can't remember all of them, i use YAREF2 not YAREFN2, so, it wouldn't be reading YAREFN data anyway, but, if it did, it would have desasterous consiquences, because you could take your refinery and un-deploy it into a slave miner.

I've included this in R:ROTC04207r1 for beta testing.
VK, could you shed some light onto what exactly this version adds/ changes/ removes ? I don't quite feel like testing the entire game for one feature.
Hasn't anyone noticed that VK mentioned GAPILL* and "debug hook on MTNK and E1" ? Don't you think that is a hint that this override only works for those three items? Besides, I'm pretty sure debug hooks like this one will not exist in the version meant for public consumption...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Quote:You should fix it.
this is beta version.

Quote:thats crap, for ages i've been using things like YAREFN2 for a building style yuri refinery, GATECHA for the second battle lab, on each side and more, it will take me absolutly ages to re-name all kinds of things in my mod to fix this problem. wouldn't it be better to have a tag something like "ReadSection=" used like "ReadSection=GAPILL" on "[GAPILL1]" to give modders the option to do what you want, instead of completly fucking up existing mods, such as mine?

EDIT: actually, this might be over reacting a little, but you should really make it optional instead of force these kinds of changes on people.
read again my post before:
only three units MTNK, E1, GAPILL is hooked.
This is special for testing (I don't want to copy 100 times! MTNK, E1, GAPILL and change each title) Unhappy

Quote:in R:ROTC i had 82 units on a tab
Big Grin test my rules:
100 clones of MTNK + other units
100 clones of E1 + other units
100 clones of GAPILL + other units
Big Grin funny, isn't it?

Quote:Hasn't anyone noticed that VK mentioned GAPILL* and "debug hook on MTNK and E1" ? Don't you think that is a hint that this override only works for those three items? Besides, I'm pretty sure debug hooks like this one will not exist in the version meant for public consumption...
this true Smile

[Image: RPLOGO_CE74.PNG]

Does not matter: RPCE74 #0102 released!
Download it here
Random IE at RPCE 74 #0102

.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">except.txt (Size: 24.34 KB / Downloads: 518)

EDIT: I am getting many IE with CE 74. I got this one when tre nuclear power plants exploded at the same time.

.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">except2.txt (Size: 24.38 KB / Downloads: 509)
Did you try it with RPCE Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Why should he try it with RPCE? I thought this was the RPCE74 Public Beta testing for bugs in RPCE74 Public Beta testing? It makes no sence VK Blah