Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whiteboy's jumpjet problems
Whiteboy asked me to post this...

Whiteboy Wrote:i have a jumpjet bomber style unit
drops bombs like a kirov
BUT...
it cannot attack things behind walls...
(unless you move the unit right over the target)

I spent a while telling him it's the weapon, which, if you note, is a hacked Orca Bomber relic [Bomb]. As we all know, weapons from AircraftTypes don't really work well on VehicleTypes and vice versa. But, alas, he wasn't convinced...

Code:
;Allied Nemesis Fighter-Bomber
[NEMESIS]
UIName=Name:NEMESIS
Name=Nemesis Fighter-Bomber
Prerequisite=RADAR,CALAB,GATECH,CAUSFGL,FACTORY
Primary=Bomb
Secondary=RedEye3;FlakTrackAAGunE;Couldn't get this to work
CanPassiveAquire=no; Won't try to pick up own targets
CanRetaliate=no; Won't fire back when hit
Strength=745;735;725;650
Category=AirPower
Armor=light;medium
TechLevel=8
Sight=5;4
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=no;yes
MoveToShroud=yes;no
;Dock=GAAIRC,AMRADR
;PipScale=Ammo
;PipWrap=1
;Ammo=-1
Speed=15
PitchAngle=0
JumpjetSpeed=25;20;15;5;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top called Jumpjet controls)
JumpjetClimb=12; SJM increased from 2 so Kirov can get out of factory before doors close
JumpjetCrash=30; Climb, but down
JumpJetAccel=10
JumpJetTurnRate=12
JumpjetHeight=750
;JumpjetWobbles=.01; ! value of zero stop wobbles? ?NO! ?Wobbles of zero means div by 0 crash. ?"How many wobbles would you like?" ?"0" ?"You must have wobbles!!! ?I kill you!"
;JumpjetDeviation=1
JumpjetNoWobbles=yes; Really small numbers on two lines above don't actually slow down the wobbling since it is the amplitude of a sinusoidal curve
Crashable=yes; JJ plummets down like aircraft
PitchSpeed=.9
OmniFire=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
;RequiredHouses=Alliance;Americans,British
Cost=2000
Soylent=500
Points=50
ROT=3
Crewed=no
ConsideredAircraft=yes
;AirportBound=yes; If I ever need to land and there are no airports I crash because I can only land on them
GuardRange=0;30
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=3
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=NemesisSelect
VoiceMove=NemesisMove
VoiceAttack=NemesisAttackCommand
VoiceCrashing=NemesisVoiceDie
CreateSound=NemesisCreated
DieSound=
MoveSound=NemesisMoveLoop
AmbientSound=NemesisMoveLoop;so it still makes a sound even when stopped in mid-air
CrashingSound=BlackEagleDie
ImpactLandSound=GenAircraftCrash
;Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
BalloonHover=yes; ie never land
Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5};Jumpjet
SpeedType=Hover
ThreatPosed=20; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
;AuxSound1=NemesisTakeOff;Taking off
;AuxSound2=NemesisLanding;Landing
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SELF_HEAL,RADAR_INVISIBLE
;Fighter=yes
JumpJet=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ElitePrimary=BombE
EliteSecondary=RedEye3;FlakTrackAAGunE;Couldn't get this to work
PreventAttackMove=yes
;AIBuildThis=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
BuildTimeMultiplier=1.15
SelfHealing=yes
Bunkerable=no
Size=31

;=======================

;Nemesis Bomb
[Bomb]
Damage=36;38;40;35;100;150
AmbientDamage=7;8;7
ROF=640;750;770;750;800;850;10; was 1
Range=1.5;1.1
Projectile=Cannon2
Speed=0;7;0;changed from 0 to 7 on 24th Oct 04
Warhead=ORCAHE
Floater=yes;no;yes;changed from yes to no on 24th Oct 04
Report=NemesisAttack
OmniFire=yes
Burst=2
;Range=1.5
;CellRangefinding=yes
;SubjectToCliffs=no
;SubjectToElevation=no
;SubjectToWalls=no
;CellRangefinding=yes;should be yes?
CellRangefinding=no;changed to no on 20/11/04

;=======================================

;Nemesis projectile
; orca bomber bomblets
[Cannon2]
Image=120MM;make this a bigger image? Like the Reaper RPGs?

;Pasted from [BlimpBombP]
;Arm=10
;Shadow=no
;Acceleration=1
;Vertical=yes;can't turn or do much of anything. ?Just stays on the vector of its initial shooting (up or down)
;DetonationAltitude=20000; Needs this to prevent premature explosionation since uses same system as nuke
;End of paste

AA=no;put back in on 20/11/04
;Vertical=yes;should be yes?
;SubjectToCliffs=no
;SubjectToElevation=yes
;SubjectToWalls=no
;ROT=10;homes in

;these 3 taken out 20/11/04
;Vertical=yes;yes;can't turn or do much of anything. ?Just stays on the vector of its initial shooting (up or down)
;DetonationAltitude=20000; Needs this to prevent premature explosionation since uses same system as nuke
;Shadow=no

;====================================

;Nemesis warhead
; Orca bomber HE bomb
[ORCAHE]
Wall=yes
;Sparky=no;yes;no;does it create fires?;taken out on 20/11/04
Wood=yes
Bright=yes
;Fire=yes;taken out on 20/11/04
;Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
;Verses=210%,180%,160%,200%,170%,150%,90%,75%,60%,100%,100%;replaced with a toned-down version on 20/11/04
Verses=200%,170%,150%,190%,165%,150%,85%,70%,56%,100%,100%
;Verses=200%,90%,75%,32%,100%; changed conc from 10%
Conventional=yes
Rocker=yes
InfDeath=2
AnimList=EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG
;Deform=8%
;DeformThreshhold=160
Tiberium=yes
ProneDamage=150%
CellSpread=3;3.4
;PercentAtMax=1.5;put in, then taken out on 20/11/04
;SubjectToCliffs=no
;SubjectToElevation=no
;SubjectToWalls=no

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Have you tried setting PreventAttackMove=yes to =no?
Well, Whiteboy's here, the world's a better place now Tongue

Yeah, I got DC to post for me since I had hand problems... believe it or not, I use my hands so much that they sometimes break down and I cannot use them without some nasty pains. No dirty thoughts - my hands are doing REAL, HARD work I tell you.

Right, on with the bomber... I tried to sort this thing out last year, I got this far with it - it's all good expect for the fact that, if told to bomb for example a conyard that is enclosed with walls, it won't attack it but get as close as it can. You must manually move the thing OVER the conyard and then attack it for the bombs to drop.

I remember trying so many different things with the unit, weapon, projectile... all had erretic results such as bombs flying off at an angle above horizontal in some cases. Funny, but also not. I just want a jumpjet style bomber (with an AA missile too) - just like the Kirov but faster, that's all... and yes I have compared it to the Kirov. And no, I'm not stupid for having such messy code. That gets cleaned up when I have the time to prioritise such a pointless task Tongue

Any ideas? Help me out, and you will be *REWARDED* (in the same way as the last time I said that)!
So once the crap is deleted, the projectile is only...?

[Cannon2]
Image=120MM
AA=no ;this is default, so this is nothing too

Looks like the problem is here. A weapon range of 1.5 and the projectile can't help.

Also take OmniFire= off the unit.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
Am I the only one who sees the problem with Floater being there? Why not just clone a Kirov weapon and mod it?

Forget that. Start over completely - clone the Kirov, its weapon, its projectile, and its warhead. Then you know you're starting with something that works.

What's the rationale of taking out CellRangeFinding=? All close range units seem to need it...
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
Heh - after trying out many, many things, I managed to get it to bomb over walls - but this created the original problem - bombs flying off randomy. When I last tried to fix this, I succeeded, but in the process I somehow made it unable to bomb over walls.

However, I have found what makes those bombs fly off randomly. The Projectile image I was using - Image=120MM - is not a voxel (according to the art entry anyway). I changed it to the Kirov bomb image - Image=ZBOMB - and it now works perfectly - bombs over walls and the bombs always go down, not flying across the screen somewhere.

So thanks for trying guys! I can't believe all the problems I have had with this unit are now solved because of this one little thing...
Are you sure an air to air weapon will work? I have never seen one before. I have tried to make one to. Never knew how it worked.
Air to air weapons work just fine, as long as you don't put them on AircraftTypes. Since we are talking about jumpjet VehicleTypes here, they work fine.