Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 Preview
BobingAbout Wrote:3, i want to still be able to use RA2MD.CSF.
CnCVK Wrote:no, you will use stringtable01.csf or strtblROTC.csf for example
Not allowing modders to use ra2md.csf is pretty bad for TC authors, such as myself. C&CVK, you have to change this rule. It's only making things worse.
[Image: hiatus.png]
2 more superweapons, upgrade and huntseeker, and you still aint gonna fix SuperAnims.. Strange. When will you fix this?

An other thing, you can simply rename ra2md.csf to stringtable##.csf..
Maybie it dont work?
actually, i thought he fixed superanims in RPCE #0038(and later). i'm not certain about the activated anim, but the nuke silo definitly opens with 1min to go (Image=NAMISL). and i'm fairly sure it closes about 10 seconds after the weapon is fired.(as in plays the closing animation)
Quote:2 more superweapons, upgrade and huntseeker, and you still aint gonna fix SuperAnims.. Strange. When will you fix this?
before posting always be sure on 100%.

Quote:Maybie it dont work?
must work. This isn't old PD's shit Big Grin

Quote:actually, isn't 1 of the main features of stringtable##.csf that its suposed to work inside expandmd##.mix files?
must work Smile

Quote:I dont know what VK mean but why remove ra2md.csf of UseRockPatch= set to yes?
Becuase mods should use new, better, technologies instead old.

@Bobingabout: I think: you should change this:
"Bobingabout's wishlist for RP v1.09 | RockPatch Wiki | RockPatch website | Proper 4th side tutorial "

@PD:When I can find you on MSN? (Time + GMT pls)
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Göran Wrote:An other thing, you can simply rename ra2md.csf to stringtable##.csf..
Maybie it dont work?
CnCVK Wrote:must work. This isn't old PD's shit Big Grin

Then I have two word for you: great ides.

But why do you say "PD´s shit"? It not shit, he created many good futures too.

EDIT: Bobing, SuperAnim with activated works, SuperAnims work 100%, I tried 20minutes ago, this should be written into ModCNC
TheMan Wrote:But why do you say "PD´s shit"? It not shit, he created many good futures too.

Im taking it he ment it as a playful jab and it came off wrong o_O
Quote:EDIT: Bobing, SuperAnim with activated works, SuperAnims work 100%, I tried 20minutes ago, this should be written into ModCNC
It's have "default yes" in ModEnc, isn't it?

Quote:But why do you say "PD´s shit"? It not shit, he created many good futures too.
I don't want to offend PD, but his code is very dirty.
His new CSF system don't work correctly  (install old RP and check briefing in the first allied mission) also it had problems with size of csf files.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

well, PD did say several times, that he was a newbie at hacking.
I am kinda against disabling ra2md.csf when using UseRockPatch=yes.
Customize Sonic Beam? this's mean i can make Sonic beam like Disruptor in TS?
My quick thoughts:
- I'm okay with UseRockPatch=yes
- I don't like not being able to use ra2md.csf. Why change something that works? You made the ability to add new stringtables, but preventing us from using ra2md.csf seems like extra work on our part AND yours. Is this a necessary change? I don't think so. This... ra2md.csf prevention doesn't count as a new feature unless you're Microsoft.
- Laser width and friends. I don't see it being very useful. There are better things that could be worked on.

I do appreciate the work you do CnCVK, especially considering I can't do it. But you need to make sure that your time spent on RP is not wasted re-inventing the game. (Making changes that don't actually change anything or aren't beneficial.)
tmapm: Laser width is a good thing. You can make make the BigLaser to units.
Custom sonic beams and lasers are something I've been needing for a while, I'm glad to see they're close to making it. I'm still not that pleased about the removal of ra2md.csf functionality though.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:Customize Sonic Beam? this's mean i can make Sonic beam like Disruptor in TS?
It still means nothing, because this is not done.

New features (ideas):
1)Deformable terrain
2)Veinhole Mosters

This version of Rock Patch isn't secret/surprise, so I will inform you about really done things Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

the vienhole monster game me an idea, which is probably already on the wishlist
the ability to have tibtrees and other simular items that spawn ores other than the first 1.