Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE #0050
Basicly people, The way it is explained and i have understud is this.

IF you use RP, then you should put the UseRockPatch=yes So that if the Mod  is run without the RP installed, you only have 1 "ERROR", this will be "PLEASE INSTALL RP TO PLAY THIS MOD", sorta error, instead of allot of IE's during game play. This makes it allot easier to do technical support on an application (mod). Its like running a game and it saying "You do not have DirectX9 installed, please install DirectX9 to play this game."

IF you do not use RP, then you should put UseRockPatch=no. This will stop the error message upon load if the RP isnt installed. This is good for mods that can either run with, or without the patch. But bad for Modders that forget to put the "Yes" in, as it will mean IE's will happen during play.
.......CNC Was My Life.......
..I Now Live a Lonly Life Amongst The World of Work..
The Revolution:ROTC
Quote:The way it is explained and i have understud is this.
this right Smile

Quote:then you should put UseRockPatch=no
no. You can simple don't put anything at all (like mods for original YR)
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

You need to somehow tell rock patch users that they need to have UseRockPatch=yes, otherwise you will probably get a few "bugs" reported because they didn't know that they needed this new tag, and they had rockpatch tags that somehow crashed the game (like I did)
Why would you need to tell them anything? Its the modder that sets the flag, not the user.
I meant "modders using rock patch".
i think he means
tell us what new tags or logics require you to have userockpatch=yes
I can't use RPCE#0050 or RPCE#0074 - after installing them, when trying to run Yuri, I get a Windows Error ( "Main Executable for Yuri's Revenge has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience..." ).

"More info about the error:
Error signature:
AppName: gamemd.exe AppVer: 1.0.1.1 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 0000d850"

Any advice ?
if it generates an except.txt, post that.
Quote:I can't use RPCE#0050 or RPCE#0074
at first not RPCE #0074, but RPCE74 #0100 Smile

Are you using Windows XP x64 Edition or Windows Vista for 64-bit?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I use XP Professional; anyway, the problem was solved when I setted Gamemd.exe & Yuri.exe compatibility to "windows 98".