Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch Celebration Edition #0039
Mevitar Wrote:
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:it like you removing a good future...
good feature.... this is very stupid feature in my opinion Big Grin
but still modders may find a use for it
ok, how about something like this: MAD tank? its a vehicle from RA1, 1 of the expansion packs i think, that when you deploy it, it does some funky animation then detonates. so, a vehicle that deploys into a structure with a suicide autofire FireSW and a charge time of something like 0.17 (about 10 seconds). basicly, what this will do is deploy, and then self destruct with a 10 second delay.

there you go, a usefull use of the suicide fireSW, its reviving the MAD tank from RA1 Tongue

however, to work, it would require MAD tanks to be BuildLimit 1, otherwise a random 1 would explode every 10 seconds.
CnCVK Wrote:pack your mod files (like RULESMD.INI, ARTMD.INI, ...) in RAR
and send to me via PM.
(100% private)

I sended you yeaterday, did you got it?

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:it like you removing a good future...
good feature.... this is very stupid feature in my opinion Big Grin

its not stupid, you have like a giant remote nuke mine
Quote:
Quote:that Report= tag bug should be fixed too.
I said "No".
Why? It makes absolutely no sense to have an extremely annoying bug, and not fix it. It's like cooking food, then realising you haven't cooked it enough, but decide you can't be bothered to cook it till it's edible, so decide to eat it anyway and think that perhaps salmonella won't infect you. In other words - leaving this bug in is stupid, or as you are so fond of saying: "bullshit".
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
and i like this word
"Baka".
Bobingabout Wrote:but still modders may find a use for it ok, how about something like this: MAD tank? its a vehicle from RA1, 1 of the expansion packs i think, that when you deploy it, it does some funky animation then detonates. so, a vehicle that deploys into a structure with a suicide autofire FireSW and a charge time of something like 0.17 (about 10 seconds). basicly, what this will do is deploy, and then self destruct with a 10 second delay.

there you go, a usefull use of the suicide fireSW, its reviving the MAD tank from RA1 Tongue

however, to work, it would require MAD tanks to be BuildLimit 1, otherwise a random 1 would explode every 10 seconds.

See here http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14172

You can make the delay as long or short as you like by the activeanim Smile
Quote:I sended you yeaterday, did you got it?
I will look into on the weekend.

Quote:Why? It makes absolutely no sense to have an extremely annoying bug, and not fix it. It's like cooking food, then realising you haven't cooked it enough, but decide you can't be bothered to cook it till it's edible, so decide to eat it anyway and think that perhaps salmonella won't infect you. In other words - leaving this bug in is stupid, or as you are so fond of saying: "bullshit".
It not cause IE -> so I won't fix it.
If you so lazy to add Dummy report?
But why I am not so lazy to do with RP anything at all?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I must concur with CnCVK on this one. There are plenty of things like this in the normal game that cause IE if you miss them out. Why should he spend time coding around this issue when you can just add Report=Dummy to completely work around it? I'd rather he spend that time working on other, important issues.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
1. it may break compatibility (ok, there is a lot of changes since 1.08 so, this doesn't really matter)
2. "Report= " tags exist in may places throughout the rulesmd.ini file, and therefore should be a valid tag
3. i think i mentioned newbies and n00bs who wouldn't bw able to understand why you need to add Report=Dummy, saying "we3e WTF, m3h n3w sup3r w3pon g1v3s m3 crash!!!1!11!"

for us seasoned modders, aslong as its well documented(which currently, it isn't documented anywhere except on the forums.) there should be no problem.
We3e m3h n3w sup3r w3pon m4k3s cr4sh!!!11!1!
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
Bobingabout Wrote:for us seasoned modders, aslong as its well documented(which currently, it isn't documented anywhere except on the forums.) there should be no problem.

Actualy its been in here http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/EMPulseCannon pretty much since the time it was very first mentioned Smile

Its also more recently here http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockP..._Firing_SW
blackheartstar Wrote:Its also more recently here http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockP..._Firing_SW
that was me.