Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE Revision #0036
*AlternatePrerequisite bug-fix
*NodAdvancedPower -> SovietAdvancedPower work now.
*Fire SW is rewritten.
*Another... (not very important)

Download it here.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

what exactly did you fix on AlternatePrerequisite=? the AI using it correctly(if it was ever brocken, i've never tried it with AI)? because in #0033 it seemed to work fine for the player.(the guy on the bug tracker seemed to be talking out of his arse, although i never tried crossing sides on a single line, it seemed to work fine for me.)

and, what did you change with the fire SW? (its the only 1 i've used so far) are the changes in the documentation(help file?).
Meh, finally.

Good job on this update VK.
Bobingabout Wrote:(the guy on the bug tracker seemed to be talking out of his arse)
Why thank you.Tongue 2
thanks CnCVK for this rivision Smile
Quote:the guy on the bug tracker seemed to be talking out of his arse
He told about real bug Smile

Quote:what did you change with the fire SW
turret rotating support, all weapons support.
as in TS.

Quote: are the changes in the documentation(help file?).
No.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:*Another... (not very important)
It may be not very important, but I would like to know WHAT is it... Big Grin Wink
he posted his revision comments in a different topic. beleave me, i have no idea what this extra feature is, even though its listed, i couldn't understand what its saying. so, "Something else (not important)" is probably a very accurate description of it.
Question 
Bobingabout Wrote:he posted his revision comments in a different topic. beleave me, i have no idea what this extra feature is, even though its listed, i couldn't understand what its saying. so, "Something else (not important)" is probably a very accurate description of it.

Are you talking about his changelog?
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
BaRaKa_: as Banshee and VK said on PPM site, there are only some bytes changed, you dont need to fucking know what that is
TheMan, you must be joking, right ? "I don't need to FUCKING know" ???? Well, considering it's a patch that will alter an program from my computer, I would like to... "fucking know" EXACTLY what it will do. Even if it's just "an unimportant change in the way the game does.... ( whatever it does )", or if it's really that insignificant, then why mention it ?
BTW, did my question really annoyed you THAT much ?
When you do minor changes that improve in an pratically insignificant way the code or make it less ilegible, it won't affect the final product at all, but it makes it easier to code and expand the affected area. This kind of change, the user doesn't need to know, really. And what's the problem?

Anyway, what you guys need to be aware is that CnCVK doesn't have a perfect english. He may sound rude sometimes while he may not actually want to sound rude. His english limitations may affect the help file as well. And also, he is not a brillant modder. He's a coder. He wants people reporting the bugs to him and take more time working on new features than on bug fixes. But if the amount of reported bugs isn't enough and he runs too much with new features, the natural tendency is that his Rock Patch will become a bug fest. I agree with you guys that he should take (much) more time to ensure stability, but making beta versions private instead of public simply reduces the amount of bugs reported.

So, if I were him right now, I'd stop with new features and focus on the stability from the current version. RPCE is actually doing very good compared to ETS, which doesn't even run properly with the vanilla ini files...
I got another reconnection error Mad

When will this be fixed? When can we play online again?
Quote:I got another reconnection error
once?? or usually?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i did some network tests with RPCE, i've not had a recon error with it.(i blew the crap out of the AI with a superweapon that leaves newrad, with new immunitytypes. now thats a reasonable test, because the same weapon used to cause recons in 1.08SE) i've not tried it with any revisions.