Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT the hell is going on?
First of all this is a thread about the Rock Patch CE not your mod BobingAbout and it really is pathetic how you keep on droning on about your mod which has super miners and other things which everyone laughs at or thinks existed in some crap mod 4-5 years ago.

Most of us really would think you would have stopped and so none of us speak out but seriously man: LEAVE YOUR MOD COMMENTS IN YOUR FUCKING OWN FORUMs geez ... you think simply because you had a 4th side it somehow commands any programmer to do your wishing and if it suits you its "perfect"

Just because it works on your mod doesn't mean its a magic brush for everyone else.

As for tsactuo you clearly don't know what bug testing and online stability is about. Anyone can add a new tag from RockPatch, it isn't exactly rocket science.

Hell I made 3 4th sides in about 1 hr and enough superweapons to cover every possible combination. That is proper testing.

Its when people suddenly start "forgetting" code to make things work like SMOKEY for drop pods or clearly ignore bugs which have been present in several versions.

The original rock patch did not have 10+ new features in each version and you didn't need to patch it after installing it once.

This patch has brought confusion and uncertainy to a majority of users who use to love it. I mean look at cursors for instance. The non animating issue unless hold down left click is still present ... surely some attempt to fix that? Instead of adding this or that.
Hmm... I thought I was the only one thinking all this about Rock Patch. I can say that it went down the hole after 1.07b. After that all the clones and other stuff got fucked up.

I keep seeing features added but no bug fixes. It seems cncvk is ignoring the community and probably thinks his way is the only way.

That's my 2cents. Sleeping 2
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
it does contains several bugfixes. just none of them on superweapons.

and my post wasn't about my mod, the mention of my mod was minor(a 1 liner saying my mod works fine with RPCE), plus i pointed out an un-documented feature, those new superweapon tags work on old superweapons too. (this has very little to do with my mod, the only part was the fact that i discovered it by playing with tags in my mod.)

i gave it -10/50 FFS, how worse can you get?
Should have just mentioned the tag works on standard superweapons and yes "how worse can it get?" Sleeping 2

Most modders unfortunatly think a lot worse and wthigon hit the nail on the head. Bang head against wall

Also the mention of your mod being minor ... its a accumulation of posts which mention your mod be it in voxel and shp discussion at revora or some obscure post about AI ..

I do not want to hear about ROTC unless its

* Mod is released in apporiate news announcements
* I have specific problem in rock patch involving a feature of the patch or a effect.
   E.g. My new nuke does not use new radiation or death animations instead of my amazing nitrogen missile, etc, etc ...

This forum is not called ROTC Free Advertising ...

People are generally sick of such comments, we know you have a mod bobingabout ..
WTF? There's nothing wrong with Bobing's posts. What's the world coming to. If you get distressed reading the name of his mod, you better be mentally prepared for the next paragraph...

I like R:ROTC!

What's that I hear? The collective oncoming of PMS? Don't make me laugh...

On topic, I believe that the next version of RP should focus SOLELY on bugfixing, stability, and compatiblity. Learn to walk before learning to run.
Walking implies progress - actually moving.
I think some 'learning to stand' might be in order first.
New features should be second priority. First should be, as has been discussed, stability and appropriate implementation of existing features.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Hi

I myself have been reading through all that is going on with the Rockpatch, VK's actions, and how the community is looking at it as a whole.
I cannot say that i know tho code base for any of it, as that i leave up to Bobing (rob) and i have always tried to concentrate on graphics. But looking through what has been noted and i have talked to rob about, it does seem that the RP has gone backwards more than it has gone forwards. Its a shame that things have had to be changed when they were working.Allot of things that have been requested by many people have been side steped to look at things that seem harder to do, because he wants to do them. I belive that really there should be a public vote on what would be useful and what would be not. so far its about 25 + voting for Stability, i would hold both hands up for counting on that one (since i play ROTC allot with my dad over the network.)

But one thing that we all have to remember is, VK is not getting paid to do this. He has the final disison on what he wants to do, and what he doesnt, we cant change that, and if we try to, there may come a point that he backs down and says that he does not want to develop this any furhter as its too much sniping and pressure.

PD has allot of pride in something that he started, and i personaly agree with him, that it should not be left to DIE, or get to a point where Its just "One big bug", or critisised all the time for its problems. We need to support it through its "infency" in VK's hands and Try and Make him listen to what we are all trying to advise him on..

Well i hope ive managed to actualy stay within the mood of it all.
.......CNC Was My Life.......
..I Now Live a Lonly Life Amongst The World of Work..
The Revolution:ROTC
AlliedG,
Mouse Cursors animations got fixed in CE. They work to me.
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
wthigon Wrote:I keep seeing features added but no bug fixes. It seems cncvk is ignoring the community and probably thinks his way is the only way.

I said something like that a few months ago and got told off for it. It's ironic really.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
RPCE Help Update 4 uploaded!

Quote:The only bad thing with CE was documentation and >The Fucking DVD< support, nothing else. And now those are already fixed.
absolute right Smile
if you look at it more careful - you find what bugs are:
1)AITargetingType tag
2)LStorm small problems
3)NUKE warhead problem
...all, isn't it?

Quote:I didn't try it yet
at first try it by hands and then write about it!

Quote:You can't really discuss things with CnCVK because he would insist on what he thinks, everything else is "bad".
examples please - I had never said this.

all installer problems - not my problems at all.
Installer was created by Marshall, so he should support it.
However, I did not request him about totally rewriting installer.

Quote:Since new SW system, you MUST NOT use Warhead=Nuke."[/quote Wrote:
What the ztyping hell is up?
This very "feature" makes the game incompatible to itself, since the nuke reactor's DeathAnim uses that warhead itself.
And what the hell and especially WHY did you change to the
yeah, this is bug of RPCE #0030.
will be fixed in new revision.

Now, it comparing a warhead name with "NUKE" and assume, what the pointer pLastNuke isn't NULL.

But if you have two different nukeclones and it had launched at the same time -
you will have two equal explosion (with last MultiMissile sw settings).

try this code:
Code:
[NukeSpecial]
UIName=Name:Nuke
Name=N U K E !!!
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=0.1
Type=MultiMissile
SidebarImage=NukeIcon
Action=Nuke
WeaponType=NukeCarrier
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=yes
AIDefendAgainst=yes
Range=7
LineMultiplier=2

[Nuke2Special]
UIName=Name:Nuke2
Name=N U K E !!!
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=0.1
Type=MultiMissile
SidebarImage=NukeIcon
Action=NukeAction2
NukeFirstAnim=RING1
NukePsiWarning=GCMUZZLE
NukeTakeOff=NUKEBALL
WeaponType=NukeCarrier
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=yes
AIDefendAgainst=yes      
Range=7
LineMultiplier=2
launch Name:Nuke and immediately Name:Nuke2 = you will see RING1 twice,
but should see RING1 and NUKEBALL.
It really hard to fix.

Quote:The worst thing is, that offline help appeared to have changed tag names mistyped so it didn't help at all. CnCVK, is possible you're too confused yourself so you mistype your new tags?
I lost my last help via HDD catastrophe Unhappy
So I restored a backup.

Quote:I must stress that I did ask CnCVK to test the new installer before releasing it.
I test it, on my system all was working fine.

Quote: because some stuff he seems to think he's doing for community benefit isn't
examples again.

Quote:I even had to make special mention of that file in the Launch Base code.
Did you include special mention about MAIN.MIX file?

Quote: and some old ones being broken or superseded
No old features are broken Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

OK, as far as I see it, 1.07b was the "best" version out there.
Let me think. 1.08 added the most features ever. With it the most bugs, probably.

Give me a month and 10 days, school is over then. I thought I'd get back working on RP at that time so I can help fixing bugs. I had a different plans for RP but this CE release convinced me that bugfixing goes first. Unfortunately there's no time for it right now so I'll still leave it to CnCVK. I'd really love to get my hands back on it - at least for a while. That'll still have to wait <.<

Hunty is completely right, I'll definitely not sit here and watch RP go down. Of course, it doesn't "go down", but the CE makes you (well, apparently not everybody) think that.

Hunt7s Wrote:But one thing that we all have to remember is, VK is not getting paid to do this. He has the final disison on what he wants to do, and what he doesnt, we cant change that, and if we try to, there may come a point that he backs down and says that he does not want to develop this any furhter as its too much sniping and pressure.
Guess why I retired...
Yes, school plays a major role in my life still and I didn't really have a lot of time and often I just lacked motivation to code stuff, but the frequent request bombardement (I'm not blaming anybody, I can fully understand the community on that) made me sick just as well.

However, I believe - and I'm certainly not the only one as you can read in this thread - that VK crosses some borders that I did not. I won't name them again, you can read my "accusations" above.

wthigon Wrote:I keep seeing features added but no bug fixes. It seems cncvk is ignoring the community and probably thinks his way is the only way.
Nighthawk200 Wrote:I said something like that a few months ago and got told off for it. It's ironic really.
You probably can't imagine being able to change anything you like in the game.
There are no limits, truely no limits.
And you probably know that phenomena called "human curiosity".
While bug tracking and fixing can be a real pain in the ass, experimenting with new stuff is just fun.

It's not like we don't care about bugs, but there's a serious lack of motivation to fix bugs, since we don't really mod ourselves.
I don't have any true mod, VK neither (well, he presented something at PPM but it doesn't seem to be that a large project), so we aren't confronted by those bugs like modders.

It might not be easy and it might sound ridiculous, but one has to understand that.
As said, I hope to get my hands back on RP in a month and a few days. Right now, I am motivated to fix bugs.

EDIT:
CnCVK posted his reply shortly before I was about to post this, so there's no comment on his post yet.
[Image: jsfml.png]
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:You can't really discuss things with CnCVK because he would insist on what he thinks, everything else is "bad".
examples please - I had never said this.
how about the whole RP1.08SE Vs RP1.08b thing
how about us asking you not to change the tags for new mouse pointers
infact most of it is about changing tags, and breaking compatibility. what people want is to just plug RPCE into their RP1.08 or RP1.07 mods, and everything work. this is not the case.
also, many people wanted to beta the mod to weed out bugs, and you skipped that stage for a celebration release.
and, erm, we also want you to make future revision patchable stright from raw 1.001 instead of having to have lets say RPCEr0030 installed before you can install RPCEr0032, we want to be able to just install RPCEr0032 stright from raw 1.001.

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:I must stress that I did ask CnCVK to test the new installer before releasing it.
I test it, on my system all was working fine.
so it installed on your TFD fine? that obviously isn't true because we all know it didn't work on TFD.

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote: because some stuff he seems to think he's doing for community benefit isn't
examples again.
i can't remember right now so, i'll just use this 1. why do we need an ion cannon superweapon? you could emulate it good enough using the dominator.

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:I even had to make special mention of that file in the Launch Base code.
Did you include special mention about MAIN.MIX file?[/quite]where did this come from?

[quote=CnCVK]
Quote: and some old ones being broken or superseded
No old features are broken Smile
by "no old features are brocken" you mean "just use RPCE instead of RP1.08SE and everything will work fine", well all know that isn't true.
Bobingabout Wrote:
CnCVK Wrote:
examples again.
i can't remember right now so, i'll just use this 1. why do we need an ion cannon superweapon? you could emulate it good enough using the dominator.
Sorry but your example... is you problem if you won't use available features, here is the list of people that voted to restore superweapons, with or without possibility to be emulated with an existing SW:

Cloned/Restored Superweapons
* Zomby?ragon
* Blade
* Hunt7s
* Kiith-Sa
* Redwall
* DedmanWalkin
* Speeder
* FS-21
* genobreaker
* PD
* Eva-251
* Cabal 901
* NineBreakerFan
* Capalex65
* Tyler Adams
* Loknar
* Modder666
* TurnAGamer
* Nighthawk200

Community voted to restore SW & Ion canon is one of those SW, your example is not valid.
Sorry, search another one Big Grin
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
there was just a great point mentionned at PPM:

Modder666 Wrote:No, I have the regular edition of YR, I wasn't affected by this bug. The tag renaming was unneeded, and with the amounts of bugs about stuff now working now, either it's not known how it works, or if it's fully working, but I'm not satisfyed. Like I said, I'll stick to 1.07b. Tis all I need to play MO with.
Banshee Wrote:I agree with Moder666. A patch like this must support older mods. Many people uses many hours of their lives to make their mods. Once they are satisfied with it, they move into something else and hardly update it again. Attitudes like making these mods obsolette heavly affects the fans of these mods.
CnCVK, if this doesn't convince you to leave tag names as they are, I really can't help you.
I really ask you to never change tag names again unless there is a clear unattackable reason...
[Image: jsfml.png]
Quote:Documentation. RPCE help is full of errors 0/10
already no Smile
Quote:New Features. RPCE has some, but their usefulness is questionable 3/10 (as said, iron cannon could be done with dom clone.)
Why you talk only about Ion Cannon?
Did you see a new DropPod SW, RandMap.Map, custom attack cursor for weapon and full new actions support?

Quote:After that all the clones and other stuff got fucked up.  
all is working Smile

1, 8/10  Stability/Bug Fixing.
2, 0/10  Continuity.Not compatible with older versions.          
3, 9/10  Documentation. Most of errors was fixed
4, 3/10  New Features. See 1  
5, 10/10 Ease of use. Very easy. Install, read help, write code, check in game
total: 30/50

Quote:plus i pointed out an un-documented feature, those new superweapon tags work on old superweapons too
undocumented?
I talk about it already(or not?):New SW system don't separate old, original, SW and new, added SWs.
Common tags works with all, except ChronoShepe.

Quote:I believe that the next version of RP should focus SOLELY on bugfixing, stability, and compatiblity.
this version

Quote:it does seem that the RP has gone backwards more than it has gone forwards
However, in current chaos with RPCE help, I can remind you, what all features, which was supported bt RP 1.08 SE
supported in RPCE.

Quote:You probably can't imagine being able to change anything you like in the game.
There are no limits, truely no limits.
But not with this style of code...

Quote:RP go down
RP not go down.
You should check it after one week Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!