Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to Bugtracker config
I just spent some time at the Bugtracker, and aside from updating/requesting to update a bunch of issues, I also did some configuration changes:
  • All issue-related pages show the "advanced page" by default now
  • I added a dozen platform/os-version profiles, so normal users should quickly be able to select their platform config now (might help track down OS-related problems)
  • I added Revisions #0029, #0033 and #0035 as RockPatch versions, so they can be selected as Product Versions and for Fixed in Version
  • I added a category "Reconnection Errors"
  • The Tracker now allows normal Reporters to re-open tickets, e.g. when a supposedly fixed issue isn't
  • And, last but not least, I tweaked the workflow transitions - took out some demotions², and issues cannot be closed right away anymore...they have to be "resolved" first.
If there's any trouble, just reply and bitch. LOL

Oh, and before I forget it: Due to the updating/reopening of issues, some older (much older) issues are currently higher on top than "current" issues, which might be confusing at first - nevertheless, fixing the old issues (or confirming they are fixed) is even more important than fixing the fresh bugs. If they're all fixed anyway and were just badly updated before, they'll soon be gone anyway - if not, good that I re-opened them! Wink

² e.g. an "assigned" bug cannot be re-status'd to "acknowledged" anymore...'cause if it was assigned already, it must at least have been confirmed before.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Fantastic...
I have 40 messages in email about changing reports Unhappy
BTW, Can you add label, which reminds people, what they really should post and that?
For example wishes, bug, which appeared only once, ...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:Fantastic...
I have 40 messages in email about changing reports Unhappy
That's what you get for forcing us to review all reports Tongue 2

CnCVK Wrote:BTW, Can you add label, which reminds people, what they really should post and that?
For example wishes, bug, which appeared only once, ...
All of that has always been available. Wishes/bugs can be seperated through Severity (has a "feature" setting for feature requests), the frequency of a bug's appearance can be reported through Reproducability - if it only appeared once, then it obviously needs a Reproducability setting of "unable to reproduce".

This question, however, shows that you haven't looked into the system a lot yet - which, in turn, is probably the reason why we needed to update all these reports.

Update: Since there seemed to be some confusion regarding when to set which status/resolution/severity, I sat down and wrote definitions for all of them. Of course older issues might not adhere to them, but it should bring some structure into future workflow.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.