Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA2 + YR DIR
Hi
I have installed RA2 and YR in D:INstalled/Westwood instead of orginal place C:Westwood/Ra2.. and i cant runt the game..This have happend many time before in WinXp and Win2000..
The error messege:
****FATAL****String Mananger failed to initilazied properly

Is there something to do to fix the problem or is it just isint posseble?
try setting the exe files to compatibility mode, open the directory, right click on ra2md.exe and click properties, press the compatibility tab and turn on windows 98 compatibility. do the same for gamemd.exe and yuri.exe.

see of that helps
I am pretty sure the location where you installed the game has nothing to do with whether it works or not. Do what bob suggested.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
If you find out the reason and a solution for your problem, please add a note on FATAL Error (its ModEnc page).
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
compatibility did not helped, and that is not the problem. The problem is that i did not installed in "C:/Westwood/Ra2"
I have had this prolem in many years..RA2 and YR MUST be installed to C:/Westwood/Ra2"
Maybie this can be fixed with hacking? ?
i never install to C:\westwood\RA2, and i never have any problems, i normally install it to C:\Games\Red Alert 2.
Indeed, and myself to E:\games\ra2
Although your "D:\Installed\Westwood" would suggest that you install all Westwood games to the same directory? This would probably cause some pretty major problems. Every game/program should be installed to a separate directory.

How much free disk space do you have on D: ?
If it's not much then I would think that might be the problem. Try to have at least 2GB free on each hard disk.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I usually install to (someDriveNotC):\Westwood\Alarm 2\, so I, too, can confirm an installation to C:\Westwood\Ra2 is not necessary.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
yes, if you install red alert 2, and yuri's revenge to D:\Installed\Westwood then it should work, however, install anything else in there, especially tiberium sun(firestorm), renegage, or generals(zero hour) without an RA2 subdirectory (and TS/Renegade/Generals subdirectories) then some files will definitly conflict with red alert 2.

just make sure every game has its own install folder, and it is where the installer installed it to, and not moved afterwards, and it should work.
Right. Don't install me in your RA2 folder! LOL
Forum Rules

Renegade Wrote:Right. Don't install me in your RA2 folder! LOL
Igular!LOL

The Game, CnC Renegade!
I tried all thing you said.. It did not worked + there were no other games in D:/Install/Westwoodf
I have now installed in C:/Westwood/Ra2 and it works
How much free space on drive D:?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Yes,
I have install YR in the I:\YuriRevenge, there also my old mod
I test Rock Pacth and play another mods in I:\PROJECTS\testSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Marshall Wrote:How much free space on drive D:?

50GB