Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic and the secret rings or how SEGA was owned by Nintendo
Sad 
OK,I'm a few of those who are still are loyal to SEGA,amazed since the release of the GBA because the fall of SEGA,Nintendo made games with the SEGA mascots.
Sadly,I replaced GENS(Genesis/Megadrive)with Project 64(duh!).
What happened with SEGA?
I've read it's history and it's depressing,after Dreamcast release it went downhill like a bowling ball in rolling thru the himalayas.
I've read all,since SG-1000 to Sonic 3 & K,and Sonic Battle to SatSR.
Need answers and opinions.

[Image: post-86-1167551712.jpg]
[Image: Nod_Userbar.png]
[Image: Blender3d_Userbar.png]
Credits go to Vertigo,THANKS!!!
It was actually after the 32X when they went down hill, the 32X was ment to combat the FX Chips in the later SNES games, but as it was separte hardware that connects to the Gen not meny people were willing to buy it!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Yeah,still watching Knuckles Chaotix wonders,and how to modify roms.

Course, what really brought SEGA downhill was the so-called "incredible new Sony Playstation" versus its largely unsupported Saturn. After than, SEGA's last hope was the Dreamcast, which was ahead of its time. It had online, it had VMU's (the memory units with screens on them so you could play minigames when not playing the Dreamcast) and it had pretty reasonable advertising.

Unfortunately, it was bad timed. People were going nuts for the last few gems on the PS1, and they were holding their breath for the PS2. When the PS2 finally released, the Dreamcast decended into the obsolete, the niche... it has still kept it's hardcore fans to this day (I have one right in front of me now!) but ultimately.. the N64 and Gamecube had almost no effect on the DC.

Nintendo didn't own SEGA. Sony interefered with the great battle between Nintendo and SEGA, and it lead to SEGA being owned by someone who was fighting in a war it didn't belong to... Sony.

The only resolution? Vengeance. Nintendo needs to own Sony. That will set things right and redeem SEGA...

(by the way, Nintendo didn't make Sonic games for GBA. SEGA made them. Nintendo just published those games).

Whiteboy and I have a little hatred of Sony for many reasons!

Sony must Fall!
Attack its weakspot for Massive Damage!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Yeah.. though I must admit I fell to Sony for around 2 years when the original Playstation hit the shelves. I had been a SNES guy for years (though I actually asked for a SEGA for Christmas) and I was young. I never knew how gret Nintendo was... until I finally stopped my filthy Playstation habit and realised what I had missed on the N64.

Thus, my gaming collection has a hole in it where the N64 stuff should be... now I find myself buying old N64 games for bargain prices... or uber-expensive prices...

But however much I couldn't stand Sony barging into the games industry and killing SEGA and making Nintendo not as popular as it should have been, I hate Microsoft for doing that very same thing. Yet... the PS1 (not so much PS2) actually did have a good number of must-have games. Thus, I won't be getting rid of my PS1 and PS2 yet.

Getting a PS3 is totally out of the question though Tongue And the 360 looks pretty good now, with GoW and Halo 3 coming.. although its games seems a bit unvaried. All the decent ones are FPS games, and there's almost zero Japanese games.

sony's playstation was also the cause of panasonic's 3DO failure. its built in Video decoder allowed many games to include recorded videos in an almost VCD format as FMVs, aswell as superiour graphics over most playstation games. however, to play an actual VCD you needed a hardware extention, another problem was the internal memory storage, there were a few games that would use upto and over 50% of your save space, and the memory extentions were almost non-existant. i hear there were only a hundred made in japan, and never exported. there was also a kinda cost issue, i supose its simular to 3DO being the older version of the PS3(expensive, and packed with probably un-necasary features. also, due to the CD tray, it was more expensive than the dreamcast and playstation flip lid.), verses the playstation, dreamcast and N64, the older XBox and Wii. the N64 being the only 1 not using CDs. also, unlike the playstation and dreamcast, the 3DO disks were directly copyable in a PC(i made a copy of road rash as a backup, and to my suprise, it worked perfectly when i placed it inside my 3DO). I've also been unable to find a 3DO emulator, i saw a few 3DO ISA cards on ebay, but that requires extra hardware to play your 3DO games on a PC, you might aswell have a seperate 3DO.

emulatronia has lots of emulators including 3DO ones,sad it's in spanish.

lol, thanks, i'll look later, but this topic isn't suposed to be about emulators Tongue

Nah,I know but wanted to help,I'm loaded with links!!!Tongue

the web site seems to have been deleted.(if it ever existed in the first place.) all i get is an advertisement page, with links.

Oh,God!!!ConfusedT3h l33t!!
What happened!!!
A few weeks ago,it was active with lots of news!!!!Bang head against wall
Ok,there's also Romnation.Thumbs up
It's checked and works!!!!

NOTE:I never put that quantity of smilies in a post there are lots of them in here!!!Tongue