Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allied campaign.
Question 
The Allied campaign in WBR 1.5 public version is pretty much easy,killing Yuri with all techs together.
How are gonna be campaigns in the new version?o_OPoking

[Image: post-86-1167551712.jpg]
[Image: Nod_Userbar.png]
[Image: Blender3d_Userbar.png]
Credits go to Vertigo,THANKS!!!
There's a public version of 1.5? Surely you mean Version 1.0 (which has been released for years)?

If you really mean 1.5, where did you download this "public version"?

Anyway, ask Tom, he's the proper campaign tester, I haven't played Campaign yet Tongue

I was wrong,sorry!!!
Yeah it was 1.0 I didn't double check version.

Phew, I thought somehow version 1.5 escaped onto the internet from my PC...

The Campaign in V1.0 was certainly playable and completable. It was a bit messed up - many civilian stuff attacked you and whatnot. The Campaign overall was harder and although a bit weird, enjoyable. Just try the last Soviet mission. It's a lot of fun - reminds me of the last missions in Red Alert 1.

The version 1.5 Campaign is a little more polished - it has much fewer oddities and imperfections. But it is still harder than the original Campaign I believe. You'll have to try it out when it's released Smile

I completed Allied campaign(3 hrs.!!!),and didn't got to last Sov mission.but to the lunar one and was really funny,and what about custom campaigns?

What custom Campaigns?

Calling somebody to make a custom campaign with new maps and units,like TF,but SURE you'll say NO!!!

I'll say "no" on several levels... Tongue

Firstly, the development time is astronomical and would delay the mod forever.

Second, There is barely anyone with the free time to do this for me, let alone myself. And I'd only let myself and no other make such campaigns....

Third, adding new content will not only increase mod filesize, but it will screw up many things in the mod - e.g. adding a new tank can cause the Whiteboy Bug to happen, and new buildings can mess up internal arrays that are depended on or completing missions...

So as much as I'd like it, I'm afraid a brand new Campaign is a long way off, if ever. Still, the original Campaign is good in WR style.

well, the whiteboy bug is 1 thing R:ROTC defintly contains...due to 200 units, we don't really care about solving it at the moment, because the only real way to solve it would be to make every unit side spacific.

we not there yet, but 0.4.3 plans to add a lot more units.

you currently only get the whiteboy bug if you own all 4 sides, if you only own 3 of the 4, you can't get the bug.

OK,ok,just saying a proposition!!!
Calm down!!!Big Grin

You got us excited Big Grin

Bob, yeah, it's a pain eh. Luckily, WR only has 1 unit over the limit and so I was able to eliminate the bug by making 3 similar transport units (all of them new and owned by 1 side each) specific to their side.

I wonder if the bug apples to other tabs too?

it does, its just that having all vehicles (ground units, aircraft and ships) on the same tab, makes that the most likely 1 to get filled first. add loads of buildings, infantry or base defences, and theireticly you can get the bug on those too. same tab coding is used for all 4 WinkTongue